Whisky and Coke

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Daily ramblings of a dippy female....smile for me and I'll smile back.....love me and I'll love you back....make time for me and I'll make time for you. xxxxx

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Nice Stories For A Change

I thought today I could tell of some of the nicer things that happened while I was in the hossy, and contrary to popular belief they aren't all that few and far between.

The first group of us, that I can remember in the ward, were really nice. There was a young girl who also had Crohn's, but as everyones symptoms her different I felt sorry for her. She had had endless operations to resect her bowel and had infected arthritis. One of her legs was fused straight, but like me she always had a laugh and a joke. Unfortunatel when I was let out on weekend release, When I returned she had been transferred to another ward :(

As my tale told yesterday, not all people were nice, but Carole was lovely. She was a happy person, and at one point even got my drinks and tucked me into bed bless her. It was good to see her go home healthy and happy :)

She was replaced by a lovely lady who had had chemotherapy and a major op for cancer. As soon as tv hogger, toe changing channel creature left, I transferred to the bed by the tv so I could be incharge, and therefore this lady got full view of my antics of trying to get in and out of bed. She said it was really funny, watching me stick one leg out of bed, feel for the floor with my toes, stick my bum in the air and push myself up with my arms. Believe me it's hard work getting out of bed when you can't use your behind!!! Especially when the bed is four inches to high!!

We had some really nice chats, and she encouraged me with my crocheting. She was moved to a side room though, we did cross paths again once she was moved back into the ward but in a different room. Hubby found he was visiting me, then visiting her on the way out :) She did come and sit with me a few times, and again I was relieved to see her go home. She was one brave lady and I hope she stays healthy.

I won't go into too much detail, but the lady that then moved in opposite me, I'll call her Miss B, had Parkinsons, and dementia. She was the most lovely lady, so sweet, but boy did she have her favourite nurses! If one of the auxilliary's came near her and asked her to have a drink for them, she would screw her face up and say No thank you quite sternly. Two minutes later the two student nurses would come in and ask the same, she would smile wink, and say yes please!

She used to have the odd coughing fit, sometimes she would let out a small woosh! afterwards. But one time me and hubby were sat there talking, she let out an almighty cough, and then in the sweetest poshest most high pitched voice, she said Oh bugger me! We did smile.

I said goodbye to her as I left, and she gave me the biggest smile and winked at me. Another brave lady.

Here are some photo's of the lovely flowers I was sent by NN and R, I hope they brighten your day as much as they did mine.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket
Anyway enough for today....I don't want to bore you with my tales LOL.

I had the strangest thing happen last night when I was in the bath. I kept hearing voices!!!! Must be something to do with Sis In Law phoning and speaking to hubby ;)

Looking forward to Saturday.........nearly 40!

Hugs and kisses

WHisky

xxx

1 Comments:

At Mar 3, 2006, 8:52:00 PM , Blogger hollibobolli said...

You didn't bore me with the stories, you actually gave me quite a chuckle with your descriptions of the people you encountered. Toe changer creature?? LOL!!

I'll have to read further down.. I'm so happy you're back. I now need to see how your health is!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home