Whisky and Coke

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Daily ramblings of a dippy female....smile for me and I'll smile back.....love me and I'll love you back....make time for me and I'll make time for you. xxxxx

Friday, January 06, 2006

Welcome To The World

I am an Auntie for the 9th time over. We received a phone call from ma in law telling us of the birth, and then by the miracles of technology the phone rang at gone midnight, scaring me into "who the hell can this be", and "oh no what's happened" mode, only to be greeted by an automated voice giving the full details of the birth.

So welcome to the world O G S. I won't post his full name as I haven't asked permission from his parents.

For those of you who don't know we have rather a large family. I have one sister and brother in law, one neice and one nephew on my side, and hubby has three brothers, three sis in laws and seven nephews and neices on his side. I have to point out at this juncture that Sis in Law, Mr Bleach, Purple Princess and as yet un "blog" named neice, are the ones most mentioned on here. Whether it's down to sense of humour, understanding or just plain old friendship, from the moment Sis In law stood up from the sofa, all 6ft (nearly) of her and said "hello" in a deep German tinged voice, I just knew we were going to hit it off.

Even now, after fourteen years, she still says she wondered what she had let herself into, moving to a country where brides start blubbing at the entry to the church, and continue all the way down the aisle, all the way throught the ceremony, only stopping to have a quick smoke before the photographer was strangled. But I reckon deep down she knew it would be fun! We are so pleased that A married K and that K married A.......on tape for eternity mwaaaahahahahaha!

Anyway........Lord of the Dance was breathtaking! We were seated dead central to the stage, the music was fantastic, the dancers were exceptional. The only bit I didn't like was the pyrotechnics. At one point I thought hubby was going to have to scrape me off the lap of the man behind. Boy did they make me jump! Good triumphed over evil, the Lord of the Dance fixed the Elf's flute, and she in return rescued him from the evil dancers, and gave him back his bejewelled belt, therefore once again proclaiming him as the one and only Lord of the Dance. Ooops sorry, if anyone didn't know the story I've just spoilt the ending!

I have to mention two Happy Birthday's, both a little belated. Firstly Happy Birthday N N, and shouldn't it have been me sending in chocolates for you? But thank you, they were lovely. Only in order of dates, secondly.....Baby Faith! Happy 2nd birthday to the sweetest girl ever to grace Times Square!

I am soon going to have a re shuffle of links on the site, some are no longer, and there are some new blogs that need to be added for your perusal. But bare with me, as I'm not exactly technically minded, and I need to try and remember how I did it last time LOL.

Four days to the commencement of the Dr's and Professors visits, and I'm a little apprehensive. Dermatologist on Tuesday, then the Professor a week on Wednesday. Then hopefully a conclusive visit to my fave surgeon on the 2nd February. I know really that major surgery is the only option, how I will survive on hospital sleep rations I just don't know! The lates pill drop is usually about 11pm then they wake you at 6am to see if you want a cup of tea! Hopefully I may be on a ward where they know me, and know well enough to leave me in my little cocoon until breakfast (soggy toast and luke warm porridge) is brought round. If they don't, I normally volunteer to help them with the tea run, but they would need to do a hand stand to pour it!!

Anyway enough of maybe's and might happen's I'll just wait and see.

Catch you soon...

Love and hugs

WHisky

xxx

1 Comments:

At Jan 10, 2006, 12:47:00 AM , Blogger hollibobolli said...

Congratulations Aunt Whisky!!

I'm so glad you enjoyed Lord of the Dance.. and I'm looking forward to hearing good results from the doctor.

hugs

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home