Whisky and Coke

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Daily ramblings of a dippy female....smile for me and I'll smile back.....love me and I'll love you back....make time for me and I'll make time for you. xxxxx

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Visiting and Visitors No Not UFO's

The weekend went so quickly! Hubby and I took my Mum and Dad to see my Sister, her hubby and our nephew on Saturday. We haven't seen each other for a while so it was good to catch up on everything. We had a scrummy lunch, I fancied a home made beefburger on the way down there, and sure enough they were on the menu so I was well chuffed. The pub they are in apparently has a ghost, they always seem to get the haunted places, I'm sooo jealous! They are moving soon, near the coast, so you never know, I could test out my ghostbusting skills yet!

The journey back was like something out of a horror film. There was a beautiful sunset, but then the freezing fog rolled in and crept accross the road...really spooky.

Sunday was spent watching hubby working on his pc, doszing on the sofa, and enjoying a lovely home cooked stew he made. He really is the best at stews and roast dinners bless him. His dumplings are just scrummy ;)

His trip to London last week went well, I did succumb to my fear and text him at about 5.15pm to see if he was on his way back on the train. He rang me and said he had been back at the office for aaaages, and there was me worrying! typical male.

He has a week of next week, and we are hoping to do our xmas shopping. He has mentioned he will have some work to do, as long as it's not everyday I don't mind. Next Thursday is my hospital appointment to see my surgeon, and hubby is coming with me. We really need to get something sorted, whether it's stronger painkillers or surgery, something needs to be done. I'm a walking pain factory at the moment, if I'm not sat staring into space or at the tv I'm dozing off on the sofa, and that's after 10 or 11 hours sleep!

I had a visit this morning! I was just about to crawl from my pit and the phone rang, it was Sis In Law saying she was on her way for coffee, which had been arranged the night before. The doorbell rang and I saw her peering in looking nervous. No matter how poorly I feel it's always good to have some company.

So Sis In Law had coffee while the little one had her lunch, she makes me smile. Oh to be that age again!

So after my visit I sat and read the paper, and settled on the sofa to watch a pre recorded tv show. Next thing I know it's 5.30 and next door are having (yet another) row.

So here I am......I thought I'd better blog as I haven't done it for a few days.

My Nurse friend is due to come and see me tomorrow. We are going to try and start our own writing circle, as we both are budding writers. So fingers crossed we work well together, but Im sure we will.

My Clever Crafting Friend is hopefully coming on Friday too! It was due to be Friday just gone, but Ma In Law was coming, I know it's ok to have 2 visitors at one time, but Ma in law can tend to "take over" a conversation. This way CCF and me can have a good chat and not worry :)

I forgot to say, my long time friend from Leicester rang me today as well. It's always good to speak to him, and he always rings me once a month, ten years on and we are still in touch:)

I'm a lucky bunny....I have lots of friends (some of who'm are relatives) to visit me and phone me and generally keep me going :)

Anyway...........a long blog from me today, that's me caught up, and ready for Tuesday TV night.

Hugs for everyone

Whisky

xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home