Whisky and Coke

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Daily ramblings of a dippy female....smile for me and I'll smile back.....love me and I'll love you back....make time for me and I'll make time for you. xxxxx

Friday, November 25, 2005

A Four Legged Friend??

For years now I have been asking hubby if we could have a dog. As a child we Laways had dogs, ranging from poodle's, Springer Spaniels, and Irish Wolfhounds. My Nurse Friend came to visit me yesterday, and we got the writing circle going brilliantly. We both have great idea's for books now and are going to try our hardest to get them completed. But one of the things she mentioned when she was here, was why hadn't we got a dog? She said it would be the perfect companion for me, and would give me something else to focus on other than the illness. I would have something to get up for in the morning's, I enjoy walking but need the motivation to break the pain barrier.

Anyway, amongst other things, we talked about it last night. Hubby said that even though he may be working from home next week on his "holiday", he will make time to take me to the local dog rescue centres! I have always visited them, longing to help re home a dog, but he only ever came with me once. SO finger's crossed.......and before anyone says anything, I know it's not something to be taken lightly. Our only concern at the moment, would be if I ended up having another stay in the hospital, but we'll see how things go.

Mum came round today and did the weekly work for me. I felt rough and hardly moved from te sofa though :( She did bring my old stamp collection with her, I need to look through it and decide whether to keep them or sell them on e bay. It will need a lot of research, as there are tons of them!

Dinner is cooking, and I'm just waiting for the phone call to say hubby is on his way home. I think he'll need cuddles again bless him.

Love and hugs to you all

WHisky

xx

2 Comments:

At Nov 27, 2005, 1:14:00 AM , Blogger hollibobolli said...

Oh.. I think if you could manage it, you would get lots of healing hugs from a doggie!!!

I hope you are doing well, it's so nice that you have family to come help you when things are rough. I like to read that.

Hugs from us to you.

Holli

 
At Nov 30, 2005, 2:07:00 AM , Blogger hollibobolli said...

Any news on the dog front? How are you feeling? I hope you are doing well!!!

Hugs!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home