Whisky and Coke

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Daily ramblings of a dippy female....smile for me and I'll smile back.....love me and I'll love you back....make time for me and I'll make time for you. xxxxx

Friday, December 02, 2005

A Week Of Bliss And Christmas Shopping

Sorry for not blogging much this last week. Hubby has been on holiday from work, and I have been trying to ensure we have some "us" time. Yes he has been working from home on his darned lap top, but he has still made the time to take me places, cook dinner, and generally make me feel loved.

We visited one of the dog rehoming centre's, and saw two of the most loveable Jack Russells. Both called Jack, and both young males. But.....being sensible, we have decided that until we know for definate I will not be having any more hospitals stays for a while, we won't rehome. It would be so unfair to the dog, to let it settle in with me here all the time, and then have it left alone if I was not at home for a few weeks. SO, yes it' s still my dream, but only when the time is right, both for us and the dog. We want to be able to give it all the love we can, and right now the time just isn't right.

I managed to visit a couple of shops to help with the Christmas shopping, but hubby is mostly doing it on his own. I have to admit, he is good at it. Some of the nephew's and neices pressies he has brought home are wicked! Yes I have had a play with a couple, but only to check that they work! hehehehehe!

I saw my surgeon on Thursday as well. It now seems that the diagnosis if the HS may be incorrect, and that it could be the Crohn's venturing to the other side of my body! Boooooo Hissss! SOmeone pass me a new bottom half.

Basically, I have to tread water now until I have seen the dermatologist in January, and the professor in Birmingham, whenever that might be. Then Mr R the surgeon, can decide whether to do the "big op" and make major holes in my leg. Here we go for another 6 week hospital stay, dosed up to the eyeballs on morphine, begging the nurses to be gentle while they pack the wounds.

Hey ho, it might not come to that, but at least I'll have my Mum and Dad's lunch visits to look forward to. Kentucky one day, Mcdonalds another, and on SUndays......we make the nurses jealous with Mum bringing in a full roast dinner. If it came to me surviving on hospital food......well the 6 stone I went down to five years ago says it all really.....Yuck!

Anyway, positive thoughts....it's nearly Christmas!

I'm sorry I'm missing my neice's show tonight :( If i was up to it, I would be there with bells on so to speak. But I just know if I push myself too far I might regret it and end up bed bound for a week. I need to keep my strength for Christmas day.....I have a feeling I might be overfed, overwatered, and make a complete fool of myself playing with the girls presents. But that's just one of the joys of being an Aunty and a Sister In Law!!!

Although I haven't been online much, I have kept up to date with Holliworld, and wish Mak Mak a speedy and safe recovery. Holli's caring is endless and for that I salute her.

I'm off to await hubby's return and see what goodies he has bought for people :)

Love and hugs for everyone

WHisky

xxxxxxxxxxxx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home