Whisky and Coke

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Daily ramblings of a dippy female....smile for me and I'll smile back.....love me and I'll love you back....make time for me and I'll make time for you. xxxxx

Saturday, January 14, 2006

This Crazy World We Live In

I have thought long and hard before I posted. That's why I haven't blogged for a few days. I couldn't ignore the happenings of the last week or so, and wouldn't want to, but I also didn't want to upset or offend anyone.....so here goes.

Hubby lost a very dear friend and working colleague last week. Many people have been affected by his loss, and all have commented on how much they admired him as a person. So if you can, please spare a thought for a lovely man on Tuesday as he is laid to rest. My thoughts are with his family, and his friends, he will be truly missed.

My news was good from the dermatologist on Tuesday. Lotions and potions have been prescribed, and I am due to have a biopsy a week on Friday. This should pin down exactly what is going on, and the Doc said there are a number of tablets, yet more immunosupressants, that he can try me on. He said his main task right now was to try and reduce my pain as much as possible. Touch wood the cream is working. I wouldn't say it's a miracle cure, but it is certainly taking the edge off the pain when I'm moving around.

We even managed to go to our cousins wedding reception last night (Friday). The whole clan were there, and as usual backs were turned in certain directions. I'll admit it annoys me, and it was noticed by other people, but it's their loss. They are the ones missing out on the fun and laughter, the cuddles and dances, and I'm just proud to be accepted for what and who I am by the others.

The bride looked radiant, the groom looked handsome, the food was lovely, and the fireworks display was brilliant. I even had my own personal hot water bottle! I am normally a wuss when it comes to fireworks, but that's normally when hubby is involved and he usually ends up diving for cover, and presents me with a blistered thumb at the end of the evening. It was nice for it to be done by someone else and for us to just relax and enjoy the show.

The hit of the evening had to be the chocolate fountain! Marshmallows, strawberries, fudge, pineapple, profiteroles, kiwi fruit and turkish delight. Skewered and dipped in the most gorgeous flowing milk chocolate........my idea of heaven.

Oh, and someone said three little words to me that reduced me to tears. Sis In Law managed to take the mick and make me smile.....but the true reason is that I've never heard that from the nephew and neice on my side.....so it made my year to hear that little voice in my ear.

It looks as if there is a family get together on Sunday as well for one of the brother in laws birthday's. So I'll make sure I wear my full body armour, thermals and hard hat to protect me from the chill in the air and the icy stares. Mwaaaahaaaaaaahaaaaaa!!

As for today I got up early, hoping to spend a bit of time with hubby.....and what does he do but go and watch the football! tutt tutt typical male.

Oh well......dinner, tv, wine and snuggles later. What more could a girl ask for.....apart froma chocolate fountain!!!

Nearly forgot to mention the Links have been updated, so if you feel like reading some more, feel free to visit Willow's page, or Stephaine's blog for some more views on this crazy world we live in.

Lots of hugs

Whisky

xxxxx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home