Whisky and Coke

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Daily ramblings of a dippy female....smile for me and I'll smile back.....love me and I'll love you back....make time for me and I'll make time for you. xxxxx

Saturday, November 10, 2007

A Four Letter Word.....

The heating is fixed, our home is lovely and warm, hot baths really are taken for granted when you have no hot water!

This week seemed full of just one thing, WORK. I'm sure I have mentioned we are one person down on our team (another four letter word), and this has a dramatic knock on effect for the three remaining people. Our company is so busy at the moment it's unbelievable. We usually work in 3rd gear in the mornings and sometimes have to pump it up to 4th or even 5th gear to get the overnight orders completed. These last three weeks we have all been in 6th gear and buzzing. Thankfully the three of us that are left work well together. I worked with Supervisor S before my time off ill, and we know each other's working techniques, strengths and weaknesses. J on the other hand, has moved in from another department and until recently seemed to be focusing on the old things he used to do.

The week before last he came out with a statement that surprised me. He noticed the difference since the other person left, and now he is as caring as Supervisor S and I. We pull together for each other, we multiskill, offer advise and keep each other smiling and laughing....otherwise we would all simply crack!

I had a phone call yesterday from Boss S, a different person to Supervisor S, asking if I could do some extra shifts for the next couple of weeks. I was well ahead, my thoughts about five minutes ahead of hers. I said I could do Monday and Friday afternoons to help out until a replacement person is found.

Only when I came of the phone did I grin at Mum and say it wouldn't be for a "couple of weeks" only one, as after this next week hubby and are away for a week.

I gave in after ten minutes, rang Boss S and reminded her of this, and heard the panic in her voice. ANother solution would have to be found for the week after next, but at least next week is covered.

My "oppo" who works Mondays and Fridays while I work the middle of the week, will be doing extra days as well. I love it when this happens. We used to work full time together although she was then in a different department, so I missed working with her. Knowing that when I am not at work it is her doing "my" work and vice versa (I hope). Makes me feel secure. She is as fastidious as I am, and I know everything will be done, and perfectly.

Ohhh I'm looking forward to seeing her again next week. I happened two weeks ago, we were together, and we classed as the terrible two some. BUT, the work was done, and everyone enjoyed us laughing and joking as me and my oppo simply bounced off each other like old work colleagues do.

So...a tiring week ahead methinks. But, I have the thought in my head that on Saturday we are flying once more to Mallorca. Not to the security and homely feeling of Cala D'or. But to a place just 5 miles from the airport. Near a beach, essential, has a pool, essential for hubby, but most of all, together, in the sun or the rain whatever it happens to throw at us. A week of talking, walking eating and laughing. What more could a girl ask for?

I forgot to mention, I went out on Tuesday night. To a theatre to see someone quite famous of a tv show or two. Think Most Haunted and Spirit towns and you have the man. I know Navie Wifey will be extremely jealous! What happened will be a post in itself, but I was enthralled. No messages for the three of us that went together, but it was fascinating.

So the next post will be about.......messages.

Love and hugs

Whisky

xxxx

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At Nov 22, 2007, 8:02:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG I don't believe it I'm sooooooo jealous. Can I make you jealous too, I was at the NEC Arena on Monday night, yes I went to see Take That....woohoo what a show, have a look at my piccies on my Facebook also a little video. You'll be home from your week away by the time you read this.....hope you both had a wonderful time....love to hubby...see you soon xxxxxx

 
At Dec 8, 2007, 10:51:00 AM , Blogger Pres said...

Hi Whisky,
Hello it's been a while....Iwanted to let you know that I'ved posted a preview of Pickle's short in his blog. Happy Holidays and a very Merry Christmas to you and hubby...

lol,

Pickle

 
At Dec 9, 2007, 3:03:00 PM , Blogger moggie said...

hey there, whisky. that short film in pickle's blog was something else, wasn't it? brings back such wonderful memories. am so very glad that we're all still in touch. it's almost a year now since moggie passed on and i still miss her terribly. every so often i find myself looking at the wonderful artwork pres did of you, pickle and moggie. always puts a smile on my face. hope all's well with you and hubby. take care, whisky. : )

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home