Whisky and Coke

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Daily ramblings of a dippy female....smile for me and I'll smile back.....love me and I'll love you back....make time for me and I'll make time for you. xxxxx

Sunday, March 05, 2006

All Is Clean In Love and War

Wow, early rises are still on my agenda, and I'm coping really well. I got up at eight am, had breakfast and had just finished when Mum arrived for the weekly house blitz. I enjoy Thursday's. We have a chin wag while Mum does the ironing, then I make a coffee and we catch up some more.....normally I would then dust and clean the upstairs bathroom....but less than a week out of the hossy I skipped it this week. Mum very kindly walked over to the doctors for me to collect my prescription and drop in my "release" note from the hospital, me and Dad had a chin wag too, then I was left to my own devices.

I had a plan. As hubby was away for the evening, I was going to chill out on the sofa, watching pre recorded shows from my hospital stay, eat, doze, eat some more, probably do 30 house checks, including wardrobes and cubby holes to check for burglars, and then have a fitful nights sleep.

It went something like this. Lunch while watching pre recorded shows, hmmmm I feel a siesta coming on....phone rings :) It's Sis In Law checking on the menu for Saturday. After a brief chat I decide, no, I don't want a snooze and put some music on the stereo quite loudly.

After ab0ut an hour, two playings of Robbie Williams and one of James Blunt later, I change sofa's move to the conservatory, and think...hmmmm a doze right now would be cool. Snuggle down......phone rings. It's Ma In Law seing if she can come visit on Friday. I politely let her know I already have two vistors coming and she settles for seing me on Saturday at Sis In Law's. Head back down, blanket just over the nose and phone rings again. Hubby, telling me that Lord Charles Brockett is alive and kicking and sat on the table next to him at his works day out. Hmmm! We had a really good chat, and it made me realise I missed him :( then I got my butt into action.....dinner, bath, did my own dressings (a feat in itself) and settled down for the soaps.

Cue the phone. My Sis called me, and I felt really bad as I didn't recognise her voice! She had me sussed though bless her. We caught up on the new pub they are in, how the kids are doing, and that her hubby iss hoping to start his scuba diving again.

So, by now it's crunch time! THE tv shows of the night are about to start. Do I unplug the phone? Naaah! I settle down, hot lemonade and a a splash of whisky to my right. Remote control to my left and revel in my tv shows. Murder Instinct was good, and I didn't guess who it was or how they did it. House, as always, was brilliant, I even thought Jesse SPencer looked rather attractive whilst having his face sucked by the female Doctor.

TV off, and house check. Living room, behind curtains and sofa light off, door closed. Dining room, behind sofa and curtains and under table, all clear lights off close door. Kitchen ok, understairs cubby hole.....open door slowly...........all clear. Coat closet, open door quickly, arm in to check no one is in amongst the coats...all clear!! That's the downstairs all burglar free. Leave on hall light to let burglars know female alone in house, and check the upstairs.

Bathroom, no one in the bath (darn it I was hoping to find Tom Cruise), boiler cupboard, open door slowly and move towels just to double check. All CLear.

Spare room one, divan bed so no one culd have crawled underneath, but I check anyway, lights off door closed all clear. Spare room two. Still in decoration mode, so check all pieces of furniture, some of which are in the middle of the room leaving myself vlnerable to attack from any side. All clear, lights off and door closed in record time. Are you singing the theme tune to mission impossible yet??

Main bedroom. Open door, lights on. Creep around bed to check no one on other side, clear, open hubby's wardrobe to check none of the shirts have arms in, clear, open my wardrobe, ooopppps avalanche!! push items back in, clear. Pullback duvet, get into bed. Dammitt!! now I need the toilet. Do I use the upstairs one, risk hearing a noise down stairs and have to check all over again, or do I just go downstairs and start all over again anyway.? Upstairs is closer, and if I hear a noise I can put it down to the bird moving in his cage. Cool.

Back to bed, covered in duvet, do SAS style rollover to catch anyone at side of bed unawares, clear!! Lights off and wait in anticipation for four hours for sleep to come. Naaah. Lights off and the next thing I remember was my alarm clock going off. Geez I'm glad hubby doesn't stay away too often!

Love and healing hugs

Whisky

xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home