Whisky and Coke

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Daily ramblings of a dippy female....smile for me and I'll smile back.....love me and I'll love you back....make time for me and I'll make time for you. xxxxx

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Friday And Robbie Is Getting Louder

Yes it was another early start. I was expecting my college friend in the morning, so I got up nice and early. Mum and Dad drobbed in my delivery for Clever Crafting Friend, and I opened my post. By now it's almost eleven, when college buddy is due. Strange, she's posted my birthday card? better check my e mails that I didn't look at yesterday. Sure enough there is an e mail from her t say she has the bad cold that is going around and won't be able to come. :( I was looking forward to catching up, but I agree with her, I didn't want another cold on top of the one I am recovering from. I did kick myself (gently) if I'd have checked my e mails yesterday I could have had a lie in.....what can I do now?

I know................let's lie on the sofa and listen to some music! I'm sure my neighbours must think I've flipped. Alternating between Darius (ashamed to admit it but yes he is a good singer), Robbie (who so completely rocks) and James Blunt, on the stereo, each cd getting louder until the last notes of Robbie reverberate the windows. I think it's the fact that in the hossy there was noise, but it was just....well noise, no music. That's my excuse anyway ;)

I was naughty and didn't have lunch. I just had my mind on my big mac I was going to order when hubby rang LOL.

I knew CLever Crafting Friend (CCF) was due, so music off, countdown on, and pretend I'm intelligent. I know it didn't fool her. (Big grin).

I surprised her (I think) with her belated birthday card and delivery, and we had a good chat. It's so good to hear all about where I used to work, and how things have changed. It's also good to see that CCF looks less stressed and tired each time I see her :) The time flies, and I really enjoy her visits. It's nice to have friends who can take your minds off things, yet still understand what you are going through. If it wasn't for CCF and Mum my blanket would not have been started, and my crocheting makes the rugger and footy more bearable!

So yes, next weekend, my needle will be worked hard as hubby watches about four matches of rugger, but my blankie will be gorgeous!

CCF left with her flowers, and I had just settled on the sofa when hubby rang to say he was about an hour away. A whole hour to wait for my big mac Nooooooo!

I busied myself, getting dressings ready, running my bath, I got the timing right (or so I thought) got in the bath, dried off, and lay on the bed to wait for doctor hubby to return and do my dressings. Half an hour and a Question of sport later, and yay!! he's home.

Dressing done, big mac wolfed down, tv watched, snuggles and kisses and a reminder to hubby to get me a birthday card for tomorrow, off to bed knowing that tomorrow I'll be a year older, my head hit the pillow, and off to the land of nod.

One more post to go to catch up, I promised CCF I would try and post daily, so I'm trying to stick to it.....that means folks you have three entries to read....yay!!

Love and hugs

Whisky

xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home