Whisky and Coke

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Daily ramblings of a dippy female....smile for me and I'll smile back.....love me and I'll love you back....make time for me and I'll make time for you. xxxxx

Monday, March 06, 2006

Nasal Hair.....To Be or Not To Be?

Sis In Law mentioned I should do a post on Nasal Hair, so here goes.

As men reach a certain age, the hair from their heads can sometimes miraculously transform itself and re appear in different places. Mainly in the nasal area, but also growing from the ears.

It doesn't take on the form of head hair, no, it becomes thicker, darker and curlier so it can draw as much as attention to itself as possible.

Eyebrows also change. From growing to only two or three centimetres, it gains strength from the transmigration of the head to nasal/ear hair, and grows sometimes to well over an inch in length.

I have to remind hubby every now and again that he needs a trim. Usually that night he will shower, clip his nails. (I know he is doing this as I can hear them pinging off the bathroom tiles from downstairs). And then comes out the cigar length, black, sleek nasal/ear hair strimmer oopps sorry I mean trimmer. Left nostril, right nostril, left ear, right ear, unclog sink and all done!

He waltzses downstairs in his dressing gown, smelling scrummy and looking lovely. I grab the kitchen shears, I mean scissors and trim his eyebrows.......and there we have it my own personal Tom Cruise, minus the extra growth.

I do find it strange however that it always coincides with a full moon. (joke)

So Sis In Law I hope that cheered your day a little?

Yesterday was a lazy day. I couldn't settle. One minute I was on the sofa, hubby's laptop whirring in my ear, the next I was in the living room, flipping between Robbie, Kelly Clarkson (birthday pressy from Saturday), and James Blunt on the stereo. Then back into the other room to see if hubby had finished his work yet? No....but he managed to squeeze in a lunch break! TV on, nothing of interest so off again, dozed for ten minutes, back into the living room for music, back to hubby's side. I was like this until about five o clock, when I gave up and went in the bath. Hubby did my dressings, but as they are healing quite well, they are at the tickly stage. Let me explain.

I have three wounds. One, let's just say "at the front" about an inch in diameter, (circular). Another on my left leg, I'm not sure of the size as it's just out of view, but I'd say about an inch and a half, and another on my right leg. Now this one is the big one. Approx five inches in length, and three inches wide right at the top of my inner thigh. The process is, bath, towel dry avoiding wounds, and lie on bed. Hubby, dons his sterile gloves. Parrafin gauze is then placed on all wounds, then non adhesive gauze to prevent the wounds from sticking to the dressing pads, and then ten by twenty centimetre dressing pads. Then we have the trend setting "net knickers". They are used in hospitals during operations, and are like 30 denier tights made into mini cycling shorts. Getting these on is a feat in itself!

Anyway yesterday, hubby put the gauze on.....and I burst out into fits of laughter, the wounds although sore are also at that healing tickling itching stage. So then hubby had a battle to get all of the dressings on, keep them in place while helping me pull up my netties while I'm in fits of laughter. I have to say the worst part of all of this, is the fact that for me it's like doing 20 sit ups in one go......my tummy hurts!! I'm sure I'm gonna have a sixteen pack at the end of all of this!

But it's working! the wounds are all healing well, and are reasonably pain free. I do forget sometimes, like last night, I sorted the washing into lights, darks, and in betweens, came down stairs and was really sore for about an hour because I had been bending too much. But hey ho! I'm getting there.

Blimey is that the time!! Heheheheheheh!

I'd better go annoy someone else. Stephaine and Holli thankyou for the comments......it makes my day :)

CCF....I told you I would be more dilligent (big word alert).

Navie Wifey I still haven't eaten it (sticks tongue out).

NN, I hope Hubby had some lunch, and please don't stare at his nose or ears next time he is talking to you!

Sis In Law, if you need anything I'm here with chocolate birthday cake.

Hugs all round

WHisky

xxxxxxx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home