Whisky and Coke

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Daily ramblings of a dippy female....smile for me and I'll smile back.....love me and I'll love you back....make time for me and I'll make time for you. xxxxx

Sunday, August 14, 2005

The bickering continues!


Geez! some people are like a dog with a bone FFS.

I recently joined an msn group specifically for HS. (Hidradenitis Supportiva). I posted that I was unfortunate enough to have HS due to my Crohn's. Well....I've never been jumped on so quickly!. I have tried to copy and paste the emails in various ways to share them with you but cant!. Basically some guy (Blinkered Ray) has so far, lectured me on the differences between HS and Crohn's. Which I already fully aware of. He has indicated that because I suffer from 2 conditions I shouldn't post on the site, and even queried my diagnosis.

Hmmmm! Angry.....me angry! I'm feckin Livid. I just sent him a reply, and well It may have been a little harsh but boy did it feel good to get it off my chest.... here goes :-

Ray,
AS previously posted, I did reply to your message yesterday, but seing as it hasn't posted on the board I will re write it for you, seing as you are so eager to continue the discussion.
Firstly, let me thank you for sharing your wealth of information with me. As I beleive I have already said, I am eager to absorb more about our condition.
In no way am I trying to sweep HS "under the table" as you put it. I agree it is a condition that needs more research in the hope of finding a cure, and easing everyone's symptoms.
Yes, I agree, my Red light has been flashing now for nye on 12 months...so much so that my batteries are running low and I wonder where I will get the strength from to continue....I was hoping it may be from here. A group where people share advise and information that they have or have experienced relating to the illness.
I didn't quite understand what you meant by "I am sure you were not quized about were you 've been with Crohn's and other stuff that they think is similiar to HS". Unless of course you mean that I am imaigining my symptoms, or maybe that the doctor's have diagnosed my HS incorrectly. Maybe they don't have as much information as you? Maybe I should point them in your direction?
I also agree that a "band aid" will not suffice. Besides, I haven't come accross a band aid yet that is big enough to "heal" the physical and mental wounds created by HS.
Yes, apples are apples and oranges are oranges.....but surely if we were to dip our hands into the fruit bowl of life, we may assist "the powers that be" in creating a new fruit, and a possible rememdy to our problems.
Do we say tom-a-to or tom-arto? Does it really matter? Unless of course you mean that as I am unfortunate enough to suffer from more than one condition I should take my leave.
I was also grateful to read your detailed copies and pastes relating to the defenition of HS and Crohn's....I too am capable of such multi skills and found this link on my travels :- http://www.emedicine.com/emerg/topic259.htm if you scroll down it shows a list of conditions that can lead to HS. (This includes Crohn's and not just "irritable bowel sindrome".
We are, after all, unfortunately in the same boat.....so let's grab the oars, row together and help each other as much as we can. Share information, hints and tips. Maybe make someone smile along the way instead of making them feel patronised, and guilty of something they are not.
Isn't it better to view the world with open eyes and appreciate the view, rather than appear "blinkered" and have only one opinion?
Healing smiles

Do you think I got my point accross? used enough big words? was patronising enough? I sure hope so cos that man really got my goat.......Hey, it suits me to bite back hehehehehehehe.

Oh well....Hope you enjoy my reverting back to playground games LOL..

Love ya's

Whisky

xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home