Whisky and Coke

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Daily ramblings of a dippy female....smile for me and I'll smile back.....love me and I'll love you back....make time for me and I'll make time for you. xxxxx

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Mad Elephants and Burglars To Be

Friday evening didn't quite go to plan. After my phone call from Bride To Be arranging to meet online at eight thirty......everything went array. I watched the demise of Mike Bladwin on Coronation Street, and thought it was quite disappointing actually! Then I changed channels and found a programme about elephants going crazy and killing people. It was really interesting....I love all things wildlife, and was totally gripped. Hubby rang part way through and told me he was having a wonderful time hmmmm!

Anyway, near the end of the programme something caught my eye. From where I lie on the sofa I have a good view of the side of the house and the garden. Normally if I'm on my own I will put the lights on outside, I'm one of these that thinks at least if you can see a werewolf coming up the garden you have time to hide. Tonight I didn't.

At first I thought I was seing things, then I saw it again. Someone in the near vicinity was shining a torch at the side of our house! It shone firstly on the drainpipe and then up onto the roof of the kitchen. Then it sort of turned into the sky, and then back on the side of the house again.

I sat still.....knowing that if I stood up, and they were as I thought, in the entry at the side of the house, they would see me. After ten minutes or so I got up and checked all the doors and windows were shut and locked, and I noticed that other peoples security lights were on. Was someone doing the rounds, and checking for house alarms?

That was it, I was wide awake til four am, rechecking doors, and peering into the garden. If I had the strenght I would have barricaded the back door with the sofa!! I must have eventually dropped off knowing that it would be daylight soon. Hubby came and woke me when he got home, probably wondering why so many lights in the house were still on......but I wasn't taking any chances.

He left me to sleep while he went shopping, and was a little alarmed when I told him what had happened.

Word of warning to any potential burglars. I've come accross them before in my time living in the public houses....I don't give up easily, I put up a fight. I have been known to see a burglar on the flat roof of one pub and open the window to try and get him back in!! I did come off slightly worse for wear with a fractured wrist..........but don't mess with me, I may be little.......but I can also be scary!

So saturday was a blur of sleeping, eating, cuddling hubby, more sleeping, and then not being able to sleep at night because I'd slept too much! Oh joy.

Sunday morning/afternoon was another late one.....I need to get back to early nights and early mornings. But next week I should be able to do that as hubby is off work from Wednesday onwards. I'll get him to come and wake me up gently LOL.

I'll love you and leave you.

Hugs for all......but not for the burglars

Whisky

xxxxx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home