Whisky and Coke

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Daily ramblings of a dippy female....smile for me and I'll smile back.....love me and I'll love you back....make time for me and I'll make time for you. xxxxx

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Pain In The Neck.......Literally!

While we were out on Sunday I had a slight niggle in my neck that slowly turned into an annoying headache. I thought I'd slept awkwardly and that it would wear off. I was wrong. I'm in flippin agony!!!

I had this about two years ago, and ended up going to see a chiropractor and having to have my neck manipulated. Oh Sh*t not again. I keep thinking it will go away.....I don't want to go thrugh the neck crunching again :( It didn't hurt, and I walked out of there able to move my neck and head, which I hadn't been able to do for a week........but the noise?! ooooooooh the noise Bluuuuurgh!. The thing is....it's exactly the same pain, in exactly the same place. Which means I've probably retrapped the nerve in amongst my vertebrae. Aaaaaaaaaarghhhh! I want my hubbyyyyyyyyyyy!!

It's all down to this darned Crohn's. Because I can't "Sit" in an upright position like everyone else, I am permanently leaning on one side with one leg tucked under me and leaning on one elbow. The right one, that connects to the right side of my neck where my pain is. Oh buggeration! I've tried lying down, if I lie in bed on my left side it's ok-ish. If I lie on my right side Ouch! If I lie on my back....my wounds hurt. WHat should I do? Get a hammock?! Swing from the light fittings in a little nest?! How else is a woman expected to sleep. Oh and I can't lie on my front because of my bag (ileostomy). Any other positions suggested would be greatly received.

So you've guessed it....I'm grumpy, not PMT growly grumpy. But just I can't get comfy grumpy. Fidgety grumpy.

Do I make an appointment at the docs only for him to tell me, like before, that there's nothing he can do? Or do I just bite the bullet and ring the dreaded neck cruncher? Maybe he'll let me wear ear plugs?! No, that won't work 'cos it's an internal crunch as well. Oh botheration!!

I'm off to make a sauasage and bacon casserole......maybe I'll just climb in the oven with it! No that won't work.....I can't bend my neck to fit my head in !!!!!!!!!

Healing hugs

Whisky

xxx

1 Comments:

At Apr 4, 2006, 7:57:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, you could try pegging yourself onto the washing line !

If you need me to come along let me know ( I might even video it and you could put "the crunch" on your blog !)

hope you're better soon!

the poledancer

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home