Whisky and Coke

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Daily ramblings of a dippy female....smile for me and I'll smile back.....love me and I'll love you back....make time for me and I'll make time for you. xxxxx

Monday, March 20, 2006

This Noise Is Driving Me Insane!

At night time we have the child who rattles the stairgate on her bedroom door, rocks her headboard to bang on the wall, screams and screams until her parents come in and not so nicely tell her to shut up, and all of this at three and four am?!

In daylight we have a very well placed loose floorboard next door, which balances over a water pipe. Every step on it vibrates, clangs and rattles into our house. But......the two year old likes the noise of it, so she jumps on it, she dances on it, she bounces on it for fifteen minutes at a time!. The two front doors they have can never be closed quietly, no, they are slammed two at a time. So much so that the mirror in our hall vibrates, the ornaments jump to attention on the book case, and our poor pet bird nearly falls off his perch.

Their dog, sometimes quiet, sometimes pulling and tugging at the stairgate at the bottom of the stairs, sometimes barking at cars parking on drives, all of this for ten or fifteen minutes at a time.

Their arguements, foul language, voices raised, back and forth, back and forth, until it ends with one of them slamming both front doors, slamming the car doors and driving off into the distance. Ten minutes later they return, if it's her it takes her fifteen minutes of over revving the engine to get the car on the drive, car door slams, front door times two slams, heavy footedness up the stairs and the arguements start all over again. In front of the two young Children I might add.

At the rear we have a reasonably new neighbour who for some strange reason has a digger. I don't mean a small one, I mean a full sized mean looking thing that churns out smoke. He drives it every now and again, just up and down the garden once or twice.To one side of him there is a garage that houses the next up and coming rock band. The drummer is good, well he would be if he was playing alone. The guitarists only seem to know one song at the moment, and as you've guessed paractise makes perfect. Occasionally they will hit the same tempo as the drummer, and then it sounds really good! The singer, must be all of ten. The workings of a microphone obviously haven't been comprehended yet. If it wasn't plugged in they would still be heard over a ten mile radius. Wired up it's like having a rock concert in your back garden. But they don't sing.....no, that would be too easy, let's just shout obscenities instead?! After all we haven't got a contract yet.

Then, to the other side of digger man, we have the house with sixteen dogs. Well I think it's only two, but they sure bark as if there's more of them. Ten minutes of yapping and scrapping and the man of the house comes out and screams at them to shut up, they carry on, ten more minutes of it and the woman comes out....then all hell braks loose. The dogs fight each other, and she screams for help to separate them.........Oh Joy!

Yesterday, for the first time in about a week I decided to listen to some music. Within fifteen minutes of Robbie serenading me I had bangs on the wall, and voices telling me to shut up! Now I wouldn't mind if it was loud, my stereo was on number two, and considering it goes up to number sixteen I think it was set quite low. I ignored the voices, I carried on, sitting crocheting, listening quietly to Robbie croon. I thought about it....it can't be loud, it doesn't even drown out the noise of them arguing next door?! Maybe he wasn't shouting at me? Maybe he was shouting at her. Oh the joys of living next door to a happily married couple.

Hubby came home, we had dinner and watched the football, quietly. He went up to bed quietly, and I stayed up to watch Supernatural. I crept up to bed. Quitely. Finally peace and quiet, oh the silence, oh the noislesness. I drifted off to dreamland. Sure enough, three am, and let the headboard banging commence. Should I go downstairs and put Robbie on on number fifteen?!

No, I'll stay quiet........like I always do.

Love and hugs

Whisky

xxxx

1 Comments:

At Mar 22, 2006, 9:50:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

MOVE!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home