Whisky and Coke

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Daily ramblings of a dippy female....smile for me and I'll smile back.....love me and I'll love you back....make time for me and I'll make time for you. xxxxx

Friday, March 17, 2006

Homecooked Food Is The Best!

Wow, seven thirty am and I was up eating breakfast and reading the papers. I have to say my heart goes out to the six men involved in the drugs trial. The more I read about it the more scary it becomes.

Mum arrived, and she was really impressed with my progress on the crochet front. We worked together on the house.....this week I managed to dust all through, upstairs and downstairs. The old Whisky is nearly back! We talked about everything from friends, to puppies, and we had a laugh when she found a stray pea on the floor, obviously from my missing my mouth the night before. Then we rolled around in fits of laughter when she found on of hubby's "nuts" from the night before. He knew he had dropped a salted peanut but couldn't find it anywhere, trust my Mum to find it and proclaim she had "found on of her Son In Law's Nuts!!".

So, as soon as Mum and Dad had gone I tackled dinner. I peeled potatoes and chopped them. Scraped carrots and chopped them, then re chopped them. Chopped onions, fried them, fried mince, added some mysterious ingredients. (Fruity brown sauce, and worcestershire sauce) to the mix, cooked peas and carrots and threw them in to, boiled and mashed potatoes, and made a nice looking cottage pie. I know cottage pie isn't supposed to have the veggies in, that's shepherds pie, but I aim to please hubby.

So dinner was, cottage pie รก la Whisky and broccoli..........and it was scrummy! You just can't beat home cooked food.

I did slink off for a sleep after making up the dinner in the afternoon. I was cold and tired and went and wrapped myself up in the duvet thinking it would only be for half an hour. Three hours later I wandered downstairs half asleep :) But I think I needed it, all that dusting and cooking, and washing up had pooped me out LOL.

Hubby rang me from work to say he was just leaving, and NN and L were still there! Blimey, not only does he work long hours, but now he's chaining his staff to their seats and cracking the whip to make them stay! (joke). I know he appreciates their help in times of difficulty. Oh, and L, thankyou for the heads up on the beef and horse radish sauce sandwich! I've had a craving for about three months for one. But you can keep the egg and crab eeeeewwwww!!

I have to say he was in a really mischevious mood the minute he walked in the door! This week he has made me laugh so much, and it's made me realise it's one of the things I love about him the most. Even in the face of adversity we have a laugh together.

Talking about laughing.....I have to share this with you. It was in the daily paper this week, I read it and was in fits of giggles. Please excuse me for swearing though!

Spotted on a fire notice at the Vossestolen Hotell, Oppheim, Norway:
"In case of fire: report at once to the staff or use the nearest fire alarm,
and try if pissable to put out the fire".

Sooooooo funny!

Anyway, enough for today.

I'll love you and leave you for now.

Hugs n stuff

Whisky

xxxxx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home