Whisky and Coke

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Daily ramblings of a dippy female....smile for me and I'll smile back.....love me and I'll love you back....make time for me and I'll make time for you. xxxxx

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Witches, Monks, Cuddles and Kisses

I got up with three hours to spare, had breakfast, read the paper, had a bath and did my dressings (whish is just about feasible on my own considering I can't see a darned thing) washed my hair and tied it back, and sat and waited for Mum and Dad to come to take me to the hospital.

Yes, the dreaded receptionist was on duty, but on checking in we don't think we were recognised.

Anyway, me and Mum were sat chatting and the next person was called into the examination room via the loud speaker. The room filled with fog, the lights dimmed, creepy music began to play........no seriously. This figure stood up in a black cloak. The cloak had a hood, and the hood went to a point. Underneath the hood he wore a bright red robe. I must have gone as white as a sheet because Mum looked at me and said "it's ok he's a monk". Phew! For a minute I thought I was either dreaming, had been transported into a horror movie, or was about to have s pell cast on me by a witch! (In no way do I mean any offence to this Monk, it just took me by surprise, I'm sure he is a very nice monk who irons his peak to a point every morning).

So after my shock had worn off, and at least fifteen people who arrived after me were called into various rooms, I was summonsed. Dr I was his usual thorough but slow speaking self, and asked how I had been coping since my surgery. I did mention the dreaded biopsy, how much pain it had caused and how the stitches had pulled over within two days, and he was very apologetic.

He pulled up my biopsy results on the computer, and mumbled something about them being inconclusive, and the easy option, which was exactly what Mr R had said in the hospital. He even went so far as to say he didn't think it was HS either! He looked at the histology report, and agreed it is the PG...at last a sensible diagnosis.

He examined my wounds, and was really, really really please with how things are healing. He said all the edges of the wounds look clear, and there is no sign at this stage of anything coming back. I did tell him that hubby was doing my dressings, and he grinned and told me he deserved a gold star!

So once I was redressed, with the help of a nurse opening the dressings for me, he told me that at this point there is no need for them to interfere with tablets, my body is working really well to keep things at bay. He did say there is always a chance of things coming back, but the fact that I am being monitored every month by a different consultant means that they can keep a close eye on me.

He said he would see me in June, as I had told him I was seing Mr R in April and Dr L in May. On our way out the receptionis, whilst making my appointment recognised us. We saw the wave of "oh ooooops" go accross her face. All went well though, and we got an appointment for exaactly three months later, even after much whining from her that getting apointments was difficult. SHe even did a victory dance on her chair when she saw the date.....maybe she was nervous of the evil eye I was giving her!

I got home, chilled out and listened to some music before hubby got home. Guess what?! Yes, he has another night away coming up :( I can feel an either or coming on.

We had dinner, and I weighed myself, it looks as if I've put nearly a stone on.....but I'll recheck that at a later date. He was in his mischevious, tormenting, tickling frame of mind again and he has made a comparison between my crocheting and something on my person......but I won't go into that!

He finally left me in peace (in a nice way) and I watched Prison Break.....I'll have to watch it again as my mind was miles away.

Supernatural was good as was Dark Angel, and once more I clambered up the wooden hill, full from my food, and full of love.

Hugs all round

Whisky

xx

1 Comments:

At Mar 15, 2006, 11:57:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't mind my asking but why are you constantly suffering?
u invoke a deep sense of sympathy and curiosity, that shd explain some of the hugs. (none frm me tho, too lazy to go thru that process, but the intention exists)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home