Whisky and Coke

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Daily ramblings of a dippy female....smile for me and I'll smile back.....love me and I'll love you back....make time for me and I'll make time for you. xxxxx

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

The Battle Of The Bobble.........

Tutt tutt! I got up late. I had breakfast, read the paper, and sat and thought, today is going to be a crocheting day.

So....my blankie grew, and grew, but all the while the crochet book that CCF had brought me for my birthday was calling to me. In the end I succumbed. I put down my never ending blankie, picked a colour from my wool bag, and chose a square to tackle. There is the most gorgeous afgan blanket made in squares in the book, pink and purple (very me) and that is the one I chose to do.

I was soooo chuffed with myself that I could work in rows rather than in rounds, foundation row, done, row one done, now for the bobbles. I read the instructions, then read the instructions for the stitch to do, then re read them both picked up my hook and.................


I did it!!! My bobble stood proud, if you'll excuse the saying ;) I carried on, working each stitch as it said in the book and finished my row of proud pink bobbles. One problem, on the picture there were nine, I only had eight. I carried on and did row three, four and five and the edges curled :( so I undid it and started again, sure I had made a mistake at the very beginning. I got to my bobbles again, this time when hubby was home, and still there were only eight?

He helped me count the stitches in the instructions, and sure enough it should be 27. I undid it again, and re started, re counted and double checked, triple checked, did my bobbles and still only eight. Where was my missing bobble?

I sat and looked at the book, my eyes were tired, my head spinning so I rested for ten minutes and watched the tv. All the while my mind was whirring trying to work out what I'd done wrong or WHO had stolen my missing bobble.

Then it clicked, durrrrrrrr (major lightbulb moment). I had been doing my treble stitches wrong and going into the stitch before wrapping my wool round! What a wally.

By now it was nearly ten pm so I decided to leave it until the next day. Satisified I knew where I had gone wrong, what I could do to put it right, and most importantly where my missing bobble had got to!

So, once I've done my square, complete with bobbles, guess what....yes I willo take a piccy and post it on here just to prove I can do it.

I did point out to hubby that it was a level 2 square and me only being a beginner had learnt new stitches, and to work in rows instead of rounds. He just looked at me, looked at my unravelled wool and grinned. I can do it and I WILL do it. (sticks tongue out and sings nur nur ne nur nur).

So CCF, the challenge is on :) and I'll show you my work proudly as I go on.

I was going to retire reasonably early, but seing as Prison Break was being repeated I decided that men in tight white tee shirts (again) was worth staying up an extra hour for. I'm going to have to google Wentworth Miller, the man who has the lead role as his blue eyes are to drool for.

Yet again I will be left on my lonesome on Friday evening, hubby has a date with a load of men in tight tee shirts and shorts and an odd shaped ball. I mean a rugby match! in the executive suite no less, dinner and an overnight stay. I will have to be content with a chicken and mushroom slice, a glass of wine and Tom Cruise on dvd. Hmmmmm. Maybe I should watch Mission Impossible for the fifth time and do my house search while the music on is on.

I have a date tomorrow with Ma In Law to go and see Sis In Law's holiday home. I'm looking forward to mooching round her big posh temporary home :) so I'll have to be up early.

Anyway, I'm off to find my missing bobble. If anyone see's it there is a reward.

Love and hugs with bobbles on top!

Whisky

xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home