Whisky and Coke

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Daily ramblings of a dippy female....smile for me and I'll smile back.....love me and I'll love you back....make time for me and I'll make time for you. xxxxx

Monday, March 13, 2006

24 Hours To Go!

It's Sunday, and there's only 24 hours to go. Firstly I see the dermatologist tomorrow for the first time since in the hospital. I'm hoping he will say everything looks good, and that the HS and PG are still in remission. Secondly, guess what? Yup, Prison Break is on Channel Five at 10pm ;) I can have my weekly drool, and if it's really good I can watch the repeat on Tuesday.

No, seriously, I'm looking forward to the trip to the dermatologist. I don't think I mentioned it on previous blogs, but my Mum had a run in with the receptionist of that department while I was in the hospital. Mum came straight back up to me on the ward and by the time she had told me and Dad what had happened, the ward clerk came racing to us and said that the receptionist had rung to apologise! So today, if she's on duty, and if she so much as looks at us in the wrong way I'll chop her down to size! I might even put a brown envelope in my handbag and make reference to the fact that we were just going to drop our complaint letter off to the director of the hospital mwaaaahaaaaa! Knowing my luck she'll be as nice as pie.

I'm the sort of person who makes my mind up instantly, and it's more than female intuition. As soon as I meet someone I know if I like them or not. My parents even used to introduce me to any new members of staff at the pub to see what I thought. Mind you even if I said I didn't like/trust them they sometimes still employed them, and most of the time I was right.

If I meet you, and I like you, then just let anyone cross you, and I'm there. Like a little terrier I'll nip at their ankles verbally until they retreat, and I always, ALWAYS have the last word.

At one of the pubs we were in we had an issue with a fellow publican. He did some things directed at my family that I didn't forgive. I met him a few weeks later at a darts match, and I took him somewhere to have a private word. Remember this guy was over six foot, twice my age (at the time) and had people doing his dirty work for him. I never laid a finger on him, but we didn't have one single problem after our conversation. And I swear, I didn't have my darts in my hand at the time!

I may be little at 5ft2" but that's one thing my sister and I have in common, fear no one!

Methinks I've digressed?!

Anyway, yesterday was spent watching rugger (groan), crocheting :) and eating. I had breakfast, for lunch I had a "wedge", a bread sandwich nearly the size of my head, for dinner I had stew and dumplings, and went back for seconds, and my late night snack was a bowl of cornflakes. I even asked hubby if he thought I had worms? If I put too much weight on, I'll say that hubby was force feeding me.........honest guv!

Hubby retired to bed, after tormenting me and giving me the giggles.....but I won't go into details. He's had his mischevious head on all weekend bless him. I sat and watched the second half of the top 100 actors. I was pleased to see Brad Pitt way down at 30, and Anthony Hopkins, Marlon Brando, Al Pacino etc in the top ten. I much prefer acting skills to looks, although you wouldn't guess that from my posts.

So really summing up on today, it's been full of food, bobbles, and odd shaped balls (I mean the rugger!). hehehehehehehehe!

Wish me luck for tomorrow, both in the opinion of the dermatologist, and the war of the words with the evil, flame haired receptionist. (Not that I need it for the second).

Oh, and if you need my services just call mee on 0800 WHISKY (joke).

Love and hugs.......I'm a big softy really.

Whisky

xxxxxx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home