Whisky and Coke

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Daily ramblings of a dippy female....smile for me and I'll smile back.....love me and I'll love you back....make time for me and I'll make time for you. xxxxx

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Big Hats, Little Hats

While I was reading the papers on Sunday, hubby was sat lap topping. I presumed he was working, but no, he was looking at houses. There are quite a few for sale round here, and next door, although recently sold, is now back up for sale. He does this every six months or so, looks at houses and thinks of moving, and I always say the same. I like my little house, and I DON'T want to move! Anyway, I cleverly changed the subject to little four legged friends, but he didn't get the hint for that either :(

So, I got dressed and off we went to the hospital to visit Dad In Law. He has had a knee op on both knee's. He is one brave man, not knowing until he came round that he is allergic to morphine he's plodded on with hardly any pain relief, and seems to be doing really well. We had a good chat, and the hospital looked immaculate! Totally different to the one I go to. So Dad In Law, keep fighting and keep smiling.

On our way home, after a close call with a pheasant, we called in to the supermarket for tomorrow's dinner. Now remember the last time I was in here was probably two months ago, so off I went looking at the clothes. Nothing on the sales rail that took my fancy that I didn't already have...........then hubby spotted a hat. It was black, big floppy and of course I had to try it on. It aged me by about thirty years and we had a laugh. Then I spotted a furry russian style hat. Put it on, found the matching scarf, and looked as if I had stuffed my head up a rabbits bottom! We laughed some more. Then I found a plain purple crochet tea cosy style hat. Well, I looked like a condom head, and we were in fits of laughter. I never realised food shopping could be so much fun!

I found a couple of cardigan thingies that looked like some sort of straight jacket, I put it on, there was yards of material at the front, and none at the back........weird fashions nowadays.

Eventually we got our ingredients for Monday's tea plus some custard. Faggot and pea batches with custard! I don't think so!

Once we were home, hubby cooked a lovely roast dinner and we both ate until we were stuffed. He sorted the phones out, so now we have the old phones upstairs and the new ones down stairs, for some reason at nine o clock at night he was looking for his drill, I never did find out why :)

He went to bed early, and I settled down to watch the film on channel four The Hole. It was good, but not really scary.

I need to do a shout out to the Bride and Groom to be! Long time no chat......miss u.......love youuuuuuuuu!!

See you tomorrow.

Hugs

Whisky

xxxx

1 Comments:

At Mar 20, 2006, 10:24:00 PM , Blogger hollibobolli said...

I think you should absolutely post a picture if you're going to describe it as a purple condom head!! PFTZ!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home