Whisky and Coke

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Daily ramblings of a dippy female....smile for me and I'll smile back.....love me and I'll love you back....make time for me and I'll make time for you. xxxxx

Saturday, August 27, 2005

Moths, electric fans, and knitting needles


I was going to have an early night last night. After a lovely take away for dinner, and an hour or so on the net with hubby, I took my sleeper, had my last ciggy and resigned myself to a cuddle before sleep.

But no, the night had other plans for me. About 3 days ago, hubby, in his own clever way, instead of catching a moth to release it outside, had made it squeeze itself inside the electric fan. Through the grill it had gone, and perched itself in a place that it couldn't get back out of. I had told my mum about it on Thursday, and she had said it was "brown bread" (dead). But then last night it moved. That was it. I sat there for at least 3/4 of an hour. I had to help me on my venture, a small torch. Now when I say small I mean about 3 inches long. It had been my pressy out of a Christmas cracker about 5 years ago LOL. Also to hand I had a knitting needle. Plastic of course seing as electrics were involved!

I placed a cushion on the floor to kneel on, put the torch in my mouth, placed one hand on the outside of the fan to catch the moth if ever it escaped, whilst ever so gently prodding it with the knitting needle to try and get it out.

It took me 20 minutes to work out that whenever I tapped the moth it flapped it's wings, and therefore made itself too large to fit through the holes in the grill. A bit like the old fashioned way of catching monkeys, but we won't go there cos I don't want to be told off for animal cruelty.

So, after much persuasion, and gently holding the moths wings flat and pushing it forward it came out!.

I gently held it in my hands, walked down into the garden and placed it on the conifer bush.

I was that worried about it, that I even flicked three spiders away in case they tried to gang up on the poor thing while it recovered from its ordeal.

Feeling relieved, although still a little worried in case I had hurt it. I lit my final ciggy, and stood watching the conifer. Sure enuff, after two or three minutes, the moth took flight. As it headed off into the distance, I remembered that butterflies and moths only live for three or four days. That poor moth had been trapped in the fan for at least three days! But at least I played a part in making sure it tasted freedom once more before it's time came.

So, tonight......it's definately going to be an early night for me.........

Luv n butterfly kisses for all

Whisky

xx

1 Comments:

At Aug 27, 2005, 4:33:00 PM , Blogger Amy said...

hey Whisky Minx!
here's the url of the song, Because of You by Kelly Clarkson:
http://www-scf.usc.edu/~rchun/my%20crap/BecauseOfYou.mp3
enjoy!
if ya need anymore help, just pop me a message in my blog =)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home