Whisky and Coke

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Daily ramblings of a dippy female....smile for me and I'll smile back.....love me and I'll love you back....make time for me and I'll make time for you. xxxxx

Friday, September 30, 2005

Scarey reaction, chips n gravy and whisky and coke!

Wow what a day yesterday was!.

I saw my Surgeon in the morning, and he was well pleased with my improvement. He was his usual laughing and joking self, and didn't ban my Mum from coming next time LOL.

We then went back to Mum and Dad's and had some lunch and a rest and went to the hospital for my treatment. Popped up to one of the wards to say hello, and found out they were closing :( very sad.

Anyway, within an hour of me being settled in the day unit my treatment was started by the Sister. I had a bit of a winge, because they said they wanted to keep me in for 2 hours after the treatment. But she was adamant. Treatment started, and me and Mum began a game of Gin Rummy.

WIthin 5 minutes......well....I was a very scared little lady.

I had "the reaction you aren't supposed to have". It was as if someone had flicked a switch, my face was incredibly hot and apprently within seconds had gone a burgundy colour! My heart was racing and my chest went numb.

The sister quickly ran over and stopped the treatment, then called for help on the fast bleep.

A consultant came within a couple of minutes, and told me I had had a near fatal reaction, but that they were going to start the treatment again at a slower rate. I'm like hang on a minite, are you sure I won't react like that again! She explained why my body had reacted like that, and how they were hopefully going to trick my body into thinking nothing was happening, and that they would be there if anything happened. I just hoped I would be as well!!

They re started the treatment at the slower rate, and the consultant and sister stayed keeping a close eye on me for three quarters of an hour. Within an hour me and Mum were back playing Gin Rummy and I felt fine. But Boy, do I not want to go throught that again! I bet my Mum doesnt either.

Soe we eventually got home at about 9pm, had chips n gravy and I had a couple of well deserved whisky and cokes. I crawled up the stairs to bed, determined not to freak myself out about thinking about the days happenings, and beleive it or not I slept like the proverbial baby!.

I'm due to have the treatment again in a month, and the same sister will be there to keep an eye on me.

I just have to say, that no matter how bad the NHS seems, the staff, and the consultant were absolutely amazing. After my little episode they treated me and my Mum like royalty. A big thanks to them!!!

I'm off for a week now to Cornwall with my lovely hubby, *(Who was oblivious to all of this happening until well after the event) and my Mum and Dad.

I'll blog again as soon as we are back, and maybe post some pictures of our holiday :)

I hope you'll all come back and join me then.

Love to all especially Holli and baby Faith......keep your chins up and stay happy!

Healing hugs

WHisky

xx

1 Comments:

At Oct 2, 2005, 11:35:00 PM , Blogger hollibobolli said...

That must have been so scary - I'm glad you had your family there.. I need to go back through your blog and get caught up on your medical background. And I'm curious as to how they are going to trick your body? I'm glad you're okay - and chips and gravy sound pretty darned good right now!!! I hope you had a great weekend - ours went WAY TOO FAST!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home