Whisky and Coke

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Daily ramblings of a dippy female....smile for me and I'll smile back.....love me and I'll love you back....make time for me and I'll make time for you. xxxxx

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Guess what?? I can Crochet!!! Woooohooooo!

Thursday was fun!. I was supposed to be helping my Mum with the dusting, but it ended up being one big crochet lesson while Mum did the housework. I had already done the ironing and the weekly plant watering, so as soon as Mum arrived we started on the lesson.

I learnt the stiches, but couldn't do them! I got really flustered, then realised....d'oh I'm left handed! SO.......I started again, and between me and Mum I worked out how to do it left handed.

I stood up to dry the dishes and was promptly told to go back to my crochet, as Mum "needed to check I could do corners". Then stood up to grab a duster and again was told to carry on, this time to "make sure I could do straights". But it was all worth it!

I was well chuffed......Mum was sooo proud of me, and my Dad was too. At last I've accomplished something I never thought I would be able to do! and there is photographic evidence to prove it :).

So I'm on my 3rd square. I finished off the 1st, then it took me about 6 attempts sto start off te 2nd. Could I remember how to change it from circular to square? Could I heck. Then it came to me in a flash of inspiration whilst trying to get to sleep. Sure enough I picked it up on Friday and started it no problem.

Friday wore me out to be honest. With hubby using my car, and not wanting to pester Mum and Dad, I walked to the doc's for my blood test. WHat would normally be a 15 minute walk took me a little over half an hour. I had put my book and an energy drink in my handbag, so the hours wait for the nurses to start was used well by reading and sipping on the drink. I was revatalised (yeah right!) and ready for the half hour journey back. I even stopped in at the Co-op and treated myself to a sandwich LOL.

When I got home I was absolutely pooped! I managed to keep my eyes open for Johnathon Ross and Robbie performing his 2 songs, started to watch Jaws 2 and my mobile rang? It was the Groom to Be (Yayyyyyy) We had a good chat, and he passed me over to the Bride to be too (Yayyyyyyy!). We have finally set a date for the pc pick up, and I have agreed times I can call them without feeling as if I am interrupting. 3 weeks time and they will be back online courtesy of my old pc.

So I finally went to bed at about 1pm, still going over crochet stiches in my mind LOL, and slept in on Sat morning.

Hubby is sat here beside me and we have just checked out e bay status. It looks like 3 out of the 5 will sell so we are well chuffed, and he has stocked up on bubble wrap and jiffy bags too!

Anyway, I will post the pictures of my crocheting efforts, and I may retire for a snooze. This blogging is hard work you know! ;)

So, here's to a lovely weekend for everyone.

Hugs

WHisky

xx

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Mum's 2 perfect squares, and my 1st attempt is growing..........


Image hosted by Photobucket.com Yayyyyyy!! 2 squares done and another on the way!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home