Whisky and Coke

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Daily ramblings of a dippy female....smile for me and I'll smile back.....love me and I'll love you back....make time for me and I'll make time for you. xxxxx

Monday, October 10, 2005

8 days, 7 nights and a few whisky and coke's later

All I have to say about Cornwall is..........Wow!!

This holiday was brilliant. Full of fun, laughs, sunshine and the odd whisky and coke too.

Our journey there took about 4 and a half hours, but we stopped a couple of times on the way. Once in Bristol at a lovely shopping centre that sold crap coffee, and then at my "Island Shop" for supplies of Whisky Mead. We had found it by accident a few years earlier, the mead 1st, and then a shop that sold it. I kept rabitting on for most of the journey, asking hubby when we were going to get to the shop. Planning to get a bottle on the way for the holiday, and a bottle on the way back to drink anytime. We played "Church" all the way there. (If you see a church along the way just say "church"....the person with the most churches at the end of the journey wins). Thankfully Dad was helping me by tapping me on the shoulder and pointing. How he saw more from the back of the car than me in the front I'll never know. Anyway.....hubby then wound me up that we had passed the shop, and therefore I wouldn't get any whisky mead :(

Eventually we came to an Island, he turned left, and Yayyyyyy! we were at my shop.

Mum and Dad liked it, Mum got a bottle of Rum and Black and had her eye on a couple of things for the return journey, and I, after much searching for the right brand, got my whisky mead, needless to say I was a happy bunny after that.

The B & B in Looe was lovely. We had dinner there, and wandered around the shops the next day. I got a stick of rock for my surgeon (as promised) with "The Boss" written all the way through it, hope he likes it LOL.

We arrived at the "cottage", and it too was beautiful. Comfy, cosy and decorated throughout with a lovely seaside feel, all blue and white, with shells, sea gulls, boats and fishes.

We had a few trips throughout the week, including The Lost Gardens of Heligan, Polperro, Falmouth, Truro, Newquay, a Pearl centre, a Gold centre, Mevagissey, the Duchy for Cornwalls Nursery, another garden centre, Trago Mills (a wonderful shopping centre), and another trip to the Island Shop for more supplies.

Thanks to my Mum we had wonderful cooked breakfasts every day.....the works, bacon, eggs, tomatoes, mushrooms, sausages, black pudding and fried bread. That reminds me I must go on the scales tonight and see if I have gained some weight (fingers crossed I have). We also ate in a few nights, including a lovely roast lamb dinner. We visited the local pub, and the food was wonderful, but I can seriously recommend the local chip shop! We got a free peice of fish, and the chips were just scrummy!

There seemed to be 2 themes to the holiday, looking at local gallery shops which featured paintings by local artists, and finding the most unusual coffee's that we could.

Mum saw 2 lovely pictures, one of a red poppy, and one of a white one. The white one was upstairs in the gallery so I managed to sneak a picture of it, but the red one was right by the door and the ladies were watching.

Night times were spent enjoying our favourite tv shows (Mum and me have the same taste), and sipping whisky and cokes.

All in all it was a wonderful week, and by all accounts my Mum and Dad enjoyed it too. They deserved a break after all the running round they have done for me over the past 18 months. Luckily my lumps and bumps held out too. They were occaisionally pretty painful, but as long as I kept walking I was ok. It was the sitting/leaning in the car that did me sometimes, but once I was up and mobile it eased a little.

So tonight, now I have caught up on my favourite blog, videos and all, it's dinner, a whisky and coke, and bed for me.

Sweet dreams and healing hugs for everyone......and enjoy the pictures posted below if they work!

Whisky

xx

Image hosted by Photobucket.com 1 of the three funny signs I found on my travels.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com The poppy piccy I shouldn't have taken.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Mud Man at The Lost Garden's of Heligan.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Mud Maiden at Heligan too.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com My Dad, taking the directions to find the toilets a bit too literally.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com The photo says it all really.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com A beautiful flower we found at Heligan "Tibouchina".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home