Whisky and Coke

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Daily ramblings of a dippy female....smile for me and I'll smile back.....love me and I'll love you back....make time for me and I'll make time for you. xxxxx

Thursday, October 13, 2005

New Shoes, Rose Petals, and 2 Comments Which Brightened My Day.

Well, it's been a different Thursday so far. Up early, and me and my Mum tackled the housework and ironing. I popped over to the docs to collect a repeat prescription, and what a palava! They had lost the one from Monday, miraculously done the one I had only dropped in an hour before, then left me standing there for nearly half an hour while they got the doc to sign the reprinted one. I got a bit fed up waiting, and did the usual "cough" of impatience, normally only reserved for hubby, and the receptionist suddenly realised I was still there and that she had forgotten all about me and said prescription. Eventually I toddled home, 2 prescriptions in hand, one of which was still wrong but I hadn't got the heart to complain. Before I left, the receptionist said it was a good job I was always so nice! She obviously hasn't come accross me on a bad day LOL.

Anyway, after a minor delay my Mum and Dad went off to Tesco to drop in my prescription and get me some milk. Sis in Law, who's call I was expecting, rang to say she would be 10 minutes, and arrived in record time!

My niece "Natty" was at the door, favourite teddy in hand, saying "look new shoes" and yes, they were "schurple purple". I was a tad jealous, why dont they make adult shoes whith purplle butterflies on the bottom :(

Anyway, cold drinks all round, and Natty was off collecting rose petals for us. I wish I could go back to that age, so innocent and sweet. (Although I bet at times Sis in law doesnt agree hahahahaha!) Are they still on "buy one get one free?".

So after choccy biscuits and a passion flower for Nan they went off on their travels.

I had to lovely comments left yesterday. One from an "anonymous" poster, who knows me too well! I received the comment after the phone call, but both cheered me up. They even snuck in a sneaky "I know I read it on the blog" when I mentioned something about the holiday.

The 2nd comment made the soul searching worth it. One thing I don't take well is compliments, I either blush and deny it or have a good old blub. In this case it was the latter, someone who has a heart of gold and dedicates her life to ensuring her offspring are happy and safe, with an online journal for them to treasure as they get older, left a comment that made me realise that maybe everything I am going through is worth it. It's made me a stronger person, able to appreciate the good days, and turn the other cheek to the bad. So thank you H, it brought a tear or two of happiness, but for all the right reasons.

Blimey, another mushy post from me.....I need to turn things around here before I'm swamped in tissues.

I'll leave you with this thought......

Why did the chicken cross the road???

Healing hugs

Whisky

xx

2 Comments:

At Oct 14, 2005, 12:32:00 AM , Blogger hollibobolli said...

I would think the chicken crossed the road to give you a great big hug.. if I could find adult shoes with purple butterflies on them.. I'd send you some.

You enjoyed the collected rose petals.. so maybe, in some way - you've found a way to reclaim that innocence.. and appreciate the beauty the world has to offer.

What a wonderful, positive person you truly are.

Hugs,

Holli

 
At Oct 15, 2005, 7:24:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a truly amazing person and I love you to bits! I'll aways remember when we 1st met and I thought you didn't like me! Turned out we became really good friends, 1st impressions are deceiving! When people read this week's Blog I hope they will see you as a wonderful person who has battled through so much but remained happy, loyal and a wonderful wife, daughter and friend.

Purple shoes...mmmmmmm...with this winter's fashions anything is possible....you never know!

I think the chicken crossed the road to tell all his friends about you!

Take care and lots of hugs.

Navy Wifie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home