Whisky and Coke

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Daily ramblings of a dippy female....smile for me and I'll smile back.....love me and I'll love you back....make time for me and I'll make time for you. xxxxx

Friday, June 30, 2006

England Here We Come!

Or not if they lose on Saturday. But, I have to be seen to be supporting them for hubby's sake LOL.

So my nails will be duly painted with the St Georges Cross today in anticipation of the big game tomorrow.

Once more we are invading Sis and Bro In Law. How they put up with us so often I'll never know. It's due to be a football watching, bbq-ing, paddling pool frenzy. But after hubby has had a can or two I'm sure he will manage to cook the burgers in the paddling pool, and watch Wayne Rooney score on the bbq. Oh well, as long as it's fun....who cares!!

I'm looking forward to it! Not only do I get to spend some time, hopefully in the sun, with Little Miss Pink, Little Miss Purple, and of course Sis In Law and Mr Bleach....but hopefully I can drive hubby's car home again.......woooohoooooo!

Seriously, days like Saturday and Wednesday mean a lot to me. It's how family life is supposed to be. Watching the kids grow, both in height and their personalities......it's what some people miss out on when family move away. (no one in hubby's family I might add).

But....I don't want to be seen as taking over! Everyone needs their space, and I hope if anyone needed time out from either me or hubby, they would say.

Life in general is going well (touch wood). I'm not sure if I mentioned that I had received a letter from the Birmingham hospital. Remember last year when I saw the lovely Professor.....well he's left! I received a letter from the Dr who has taken his place, saying they wanted to admit me and do an exploratory op under anaesthetic. The way the letter read it sounded as if thet thought they could use orifices I no longer have.....to put it bluntly.

Anyway....after much hinting from my Mum, I finally rang my surgeon Mr R to ask his advice. I rang his secretary, knowing he was in his clinic on Thursdays and spoke to her. She mentioned I was on the "list" of important callers and Mr R would ring me back asap.

Sure enough an hour later he rang me. He used his ususal nickname for me.....which I have to say I only allow him to use, and asked what was up. "How's the lumps n bumps Kirst" were his exact words LOL. I told him I was doing really well, he even said I sounded well.....can someone sound well?

Anyway, I explained the Birmingham letter, and his first reaction was "Did you say he was a Dr and not a Mr?" I replied yes, it definately said Dr.....he laughed and said......"No way, don't let them near you Kirst".

He basically said what I had been thinking.....if it was a procedure I would benefit from, or that Mr R couldn't do, then fine, go for it. But to both me and Mr R, it sounded as if they didn't know what they were going to do, or indeed how they were going to do it. So Mum and I were right.....steer clear whilst I'm healing so well.

Mr R asked if had an appointment to see him as the "system" was dodgy with the hospital transfer from old to new buildings this month. I said yup....August. He was pleased with that, and said he knew I was sensible enough to call him if I needed to see him sooner :)

That's why I like Mr R, not only has he got me out of one or two surgical pickles, he understands me and how my disease affects me, and he listens to my opinions. He is of the understanding that no one knows their own body better than themselves. His honesty and sense of humour make me trust him.....and he has even been known not only to ask me what to get his wife for Christmas/anniversary and birthday's whilst perching on my bed with a cup of tea......but give me a cuddle in front of hubby when I was blubbing. Bless him, that's what I call a dedicated surgeon.....and after all he is a Mr and not a DR lol.

Anyway.....enough whittering for today......I'm off to paint the St George's flag on my nails ready for England to get knocked out of......I mean win the world cup.

Hugs and love for all

Whisky


xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

1 Comments:

At Jul 6, 2006, 10:14:00 PM , Blogger hollibobolli said...

How do you cook a burger in a paddling pool.. and why do you prefer Mr's to Dr's? Maybe it's different over there.. I'm just confused. I hope everything is going well (touch wood) but it sounds like it is.. (can it sound like it's going well?) :)

I'm glad you had some nice family time.. you're right.. that's the way it should be. Family is just so important. Enjoy them as much as you can.

xoxoxo

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home