Whisky and Coke

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Daily ramblings of a dippy female....smile for me and I'll smile back.....love me and I'll love you back....make time for me and I'll make time for you. xxxxx

Monday, June 19, 2006

I Missed My Blog!!!!!

The past week and a half I have been in doggy heaven. As Sam was dropped off V and A warned us he may be off his food and a little down as he miight miss them for a couple of days. I was prepared. That night I took him for a walk before bed time, just to let him know that I would look after him. Plenty of fuss, cuddles and kind words followed. He slept soundly at the side of my bed that night and I knew I had made a friend.

The next nine days involved lots of walking, fur brushing, which he loves, and fussing. It was so good to have someone to talk to during the day! Yeah ok so that sounds a little strange.....but I re christenend him Chucklebunny. He always seemed to walk around with a smile on his fur covered face, and that made me chuckle. Therefore Chucklebunny he was.

He ate all of his food, he behaved on his lead, he drank plenty of water, and dutifully watered the conifers in the garden.

I have to say he is one clever dog. Lots of times I caught him watching me and hubby in the reflection of the patio doors rather than us know he was watching us. He refused to play on the lawn with his sock until I had scooped his poop!

He guarded the house as if it was his own, uncluding protecting us from motor bikes, barking dogs the postman and the ice cream man!

On the Monday as hubby was leaving for work Sam tried to jump up at him, which he hadn't done before, hubby being a non doggy person scuttled off to work. As soon as the door was closed he ran into me and promptly jumped on my lap shaking. A thunder storm commenced! He was petrified bless him. I cuddled him, stroked him and talkedhim through it....it was so nice to have someone in the house more scared than me of thunderstorms!!

Every night he would follow hubby up to bed and sleep either on the top step or outside our bedroom door. I would call him down to go pee just before I was going to bed...and he would wait for me to brush my hair, go to the toilet, lock up and take my tablets before he followed me to bed. As hubby snores I sleep in the spare room, Sam always lay at the side of the bed.....and he didn't snore once!!

Our walks were lovely...it's amazing what you see that you hadn't noticed before when dog walking. For a start other dog owners smile at you as if you are a long lost friend. Some people, obviously not dog lovers, cross the raod to avoid you. You see people leaving their house at regular times, you notice peoples gardens. The noises coming from their houses etc etc. It oened my eyes to a whole new world.

I took some piccies of him on my mobile phone (did I mention it's pink). But trying to get the relelvant cable and software for transferring piccies to the computer is a nightmare! As soon as I have managed it I will put the said piccies on here.

We visited my Mum and Dad's to retune their new telly. The other one was jinxed so they swapped it. Sam wasn't much help with the remote controls though.....his paws were too big LOL.

We visited the in laws, and Sa, was so well behaved even around the young children. One of my brother in laws thought he was mine and hubby's and said how it was such a good idea for us to get a dog.......I'll have to ask him to tell hubby lots of times to drop the hint.

All in all it was an amazing few days.

I miss him today. I sat reading the paper and kept expecting to hear the sound of his feet on the floor.....I looked up a few times expecting to see his big brown eyes looking at me.....:(

But I missed my blog too....I missed catching up on everyone. I missed so much! Holli has moved! Willow has tagged me, which I must reply to. I'll catch up, I'll read up, and look at Moggie's pictures in more detail.

The stat counter on here has shot up too! I wonder if anyone missed me LOL.

I'm back.....to bore you to pices with my insane ramblings mwaaahaaaahaaaa!

Hugs all round....I missed you guys

Whisky

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

1 Comments:

At Jun 20, 2006, 4:20:00 PM , Blogger moggie said...

happy day! pickle is back and so is whisky! missed you.

thanks for the good read, can't wait to see your 'piccies'.

hugz all around. : )

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home