Whisky and Coke

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Daily ramblings of a dippy female....smile for me and I'll smile back.....love me and I'll love you back....make time for me and I'll make time for you. xxxxx

Monday, June 26, 2006

Driving Miss Whisky

Hubby returned on Friday night to a big hug. It seemed to be a mad panic for about ten minutes. Texts, phone ringing, hubby coming home in new car.....aaaarghh what to do?! Text reply sent, phone answered, it was hubby LOL, and a coffee later we were off in his new car.

First stop was my Mum and Dad's. They loved it! Said it was big, which it is, but they loved it. Dad threatened to invite hubby out for dinner on Sunday round about the time England were due to kick off LOL.

Then hubby drove us to the road I learned to drive on. It's a small industrial estate with a couple of islands. I took over the controls.....scared, but it was cool. I wanted to go round twice, but hubby told me to pull over so he could drive. We popped to his parents, anyone guessed that he wanted to show his car off yet? Mr Bleach was there, so yet another person saw his pride and joy. We had a quick drink and then, finally, went to get some dinner and went home.

I had chicken chow mein for a change. Normally I would eat what I could and have the rest for lunch on Saturday. We were sat there eating and watching big brother, and I heard a strange noise....my fork hitting the bottom of the container!! I had eaten it all....little piggy me! But I enjoyed it :)

Saturday I got up fairly early and had a bath, when I came down Sis In Law was here. We had a coffee and a chat and off she went to do some more shopping and go home for a well deserved rest.

We got in the car and headed off into the countryside. We went to a lovely antiques centre, and two garden centres. It was a loovely day, and it gave hubby chance to get used to his new toy. Dinner and Dr Who, big brother and bed.

Sunday and we weren't sure what we were doing. We had been invited to Sis and Bro In Laws to watch the England game....but hubby wanted to see how he was feeling when he got up ashe had some stuff to do on his pc.

I get up (late) and ask what the plan is....and he's all eager to go over to theirs and watch the footy Yayyyy!

Before we left I did ask him twice if he needed my car keys, knowing I would be the return driver so he could have a drink. No he say's my car is fine.

I tried not to think about it. The boys watched the football, and the girls sat in the sun talking, or playing word games in puzzle books. We heard when ENgland scored and everyone went rushing inside!

After clarification of goal scorer we all went back out. Once the game was over it was mass clear up, and into the house. I tried to help Sis In Law with dinner, but she seemed to have it all under control.....and it was scrummy!

In between talking hubby and Mr Bleach had started to watch another football match. I was getting worried as it was starting to get dark.....and I had to drive the new car home!

Eventually I tore hubby away from the telly, and the talk of a "trip" and we got into the car.

I then spent five minutes adjusting my seat, trting to find out where the lights were, and getting very very nervous.

Take off.....literally cos that car is fast!

We got home in one piece, and I really enjoyed the drive. I felt safe, the car felt good, not too big (but I didn't have to park it), and knowing hubby was there to put me right made me feel confident.

The only mistake I made was when I got out of the car in front of our house. I'm so used to leaning on the steering wheel of my little Nissan to help me out of the car. I forgot that that is where hubby's horn is!! I think I woke half the street up. I just kept saying I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. Hubby was fine.....he said at least the horn had been christened LOL.

So home, I had a celebratory glass of wine....hubby went to bed and I stayed up late chilling out and watching tv.

I actually felt like a thirty five year old woman with responsibilities for all of ten minutes. I guess that's what driving a two day old car that belongs to your hubby does to a girl.

Today I'm back to me, thirty five but feel like fifteen :)

Happy Monday everyone.

Hugs for all

Whisky

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home