Whisky and Coke

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Daily ramblings of a dippy female....smile for me and I'll smile back.....love me and I'll love you back....make time for me and I'll make time for you. xxxxx

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Dance Shows, Mobile Phones and Take That

What a busy three days. Friday I got up, excited that hubby was going to ring to say he was on his way home. I sat there patiently after walking Sammy, and realised I was getting myself worked up about him coming home. The more I just sat there waiting for the phone to ring, the more I missed him. So I set off in my car to exchange my duff MP3 player for one that worked.

What a rigmarole that was....it amazes me that stores make you wait as long as possible to transfer money back to your credit card just because they need "to enter a number on their system". I even ranted on to the store manager that they obviously hand't been trained in customer satisfaction. Was it my fault that they didn't have the item I wanted to return on their system? No, was it coincidence that in the half an hour I had been stood there that seven customers had returned items..I think not. I will never purchase from this particular chain of stores again!

I got a new MP3 with voice recorder, 2gig not 1gig like the previous one, at exactly the same price as the one that didn't work. I took it home, had a lovely doggy greeting from Sammy, and tested it out. It works like a dream...and the voice recorder is much more powerful than on the other one. Perfect for the interviews I will do for my research for the book :) One finally happy bunny.

There I was replying to an e mail from Aly and in walks hubby, no phone call, no warning, just keys in the door and there he was. I hate to admit it, but I was that surprised I promptly threw may arms around his neck and blubbed. He asked why I was crying and I admitted it was because I was pleased to see him. Bless him I think I hugged him so much it hurt!

Hubby home and feeling really rough with his cold, I made him a lemsip and sent up to try out the new mattress (on his own!) to get some rest as he looked awful. Two phonecalls from work and about two hours later he came back down. He hadn't slept, but he did feel rested :)

Saturday, up early and off to Sis In Law's to see Little Miss Pink and Little Miss Purple in their Christmas Dance Show. Lovely salmon sandwiches prepared exactly to my liking (and that's difficult to do with salmon SIL so thankyou).....costumes on, hair done, makeup on and pictures taked for hubby to see.....in between various interruptions! and off we went to see the show.

It was Puss In Boots and was wonderful. To see my two little nieces on the stage dancing their socks off was heart warming. It brought back so many memories.....and made me think of other relatives who have done exactly the same thing, and I haven't yet seen their talents. Ma In Law left part way through the shows as she had a tight schedule to keep to, and me and Little Miss Purple watched the rest of the show. Our instructions were to ring Sis In Law using my mobile as soon as the show had finished. Out into the cold, cigarette lit, phone ....ermmmmm phone.......erm one dead phone!

Here I was, responsible for a (nearly) seven year old, in the freezing cold, with a (pink) mobile phone that's battery was dead! Pannnniiiiicccc!!

We quickly went inside and asked one man if we could use his phone as we were stranded. He said he didn't have one. I was just looking for someone to ask if there was a phone we could use in the building and he tapped me on the shoulder and told me he had found a phone I could use bless him. I quickly rang SIL using a lovely woman's phone, and off we went to the car park to wait for our lift home.

Little Miss Purple didn't believe that I had been to dance school and that I could tap dance, so there I was, a 35 years old woman, stood with an enthralled seven year old, tap dancing in the car park. No wonder people looked at me strangely. But LMP did agree that I COULD tap dance :)

I told her over and over how guilty I felt about the phone....but bless her heart she told me not to worry, it wasn't my fault that my phone was "poorly".

Back in the warmth of the house I had a lovely milky coffee, and we swapped tales of our favourite parts of the show. LMP asked me where the ogre was now. I of course told her that he was in the tummy of Puss In Boots as he had transofrmed himself into a mouse which she had eaten. "No" dhe replied" Where is the ogre NOW". Again I rubbed my tummy and said he was in the Cat's tummy. SIL looked at me, rolled her eyes, and I twigged. LMP meant was he having his dinner as well ready for that nights performance! Well I believed he was in the cat's tummy.......why wouldnt a seven year old! Blimey I still believe in Father Christmas!!

Off down the motorway Kelly Clarkson full volume, home, three rings to SIL and Mr Bleach to tell them I was home. Then I told hubby every single detail about the afternoon. Bless him, I think he's going to get talked to death every weekend!

We sat and watched An Audience with Take That Live....volume as high as possible on the tv, and loved every minute of it! I have to get the new album as the songs sound wicked!

Up to bed, together for the second night on our new mattress. I mistakenly told hubby to roll over as he was snoring expecting him to roll away, nooooo he rolled over towards me forcing me out of the bed and into the spare room :( So, I finally got to try out the other new mattress :) Slept like a baby.

Sunday, and off to Mum and Dad's to collect Avon brochures. Shhhh! Don't tell anyone!

Home, dinner is cooking, just had a lovely chat to SIL and I'm off to feed my face then walk Sammy in the cold :)

I hope everyone had a good weekend.....see you soon!!

Hugs galore

Whisky

xxxxxx

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At Dec 6, 2006, 12:54:00 AM , Blogger Catnip And Tails Rescue said...

Ooooooooooooooooooh so. I added you on MSN messenger so GET ONLINE ALREADY hahahahahaha :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home