Whisky and Coke

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Daily ramblings of a dippy female....smile for me and I'll smile back.....love me and I'll love you back....make time for me and I'll make time for you. xxxxx

Monday, November 20, 2006

Not Nanny McPhee......It's Nanny Whisky!

Saturday daytime was a bit of a blur. I was up for 10.30am and sat and waited for hubby to get home with the shopping. No bread, so I couldn't have my toast until he got back. A glass of orange juice and a rumbling tummy later and he returned. A quick munch, wash and change and we were off to look at mattresses for the single bed.

As hubby snores (very loudly) I sleep in the little bedroom, as our other big bedroom is being decorated. The mattress in the little room has just about had it, resulting in backache when I get up. I only mentioned it to hubby last week, so I was surprised when he said we were going out this weekend to get a new mattress.

There is a new furniture shop just opened near us. We popped in their, and although the beds, and mattresses looked great, they were really, really expensive. We headed to our nearby Dreams store. My parents had been there when they were looking for a new mattress, and had warned me that they only seemed interested if you were looking to buy a complete bed. SO I expected the worst.

We wandered upstairs and found two or three mattresses that were suitable for the single, and one that hubby thought would be brilliant for our double bed, as that is just about cream crackered too. Sure enough a sales man appeared. I asked him to lift one of the mattresses off a childs bunk bed, no way I was climbing up a ladder! and place it on a lower bed. He then asked who would be sleeping on it. We told him it was me, and he said he wouldn't really recommend it as it was mainly for children. He advised us to go for the same mattress we liked in the double, but for a single. Before I knew what had happened hubby had ordered both! Oh well, at least both beds will feel the same, and, we will have the spare mattresses for new years eve when we are expecting two little visitors to stay the night :)

I was watching the time, as I knew I had to be home at about 3pm to make sure I was on time at Sis In Laws for my babysitting duties. Still time left so we popped to The Range, had a drink in the coffee shop, and wandered around the whole store. This shop had opened when I had just come out of hospital. I had only managed to look at a tiny bit of the ground floor with my parents, so a full tour was much appreciated.

We managed to get a few small Christmas presents for a certain niece and a certain SIs In Law, I got a lovely little diary for my handbag. It's the same as the larger purple one that my Mum gave me, which is too nice to keep in my handbag in case it gets damaged! But it's pink! :)

For some strange reason that I haven't yet worked out, hubby bought a blow up santa for the garden. He was trying to choose between the santa that popped in and out of a chimney and had lights on it....or just a santa, but a big one. I said it would be fine, but only if it was kept in the back garden so it didn't get "borrowed" by anyone. Before I knew it, it was in the basket.

We got home, I had a cold drink and a ciggy, and then looked at my watch. It was 4pm and I was supposed to be at Sis In Laws for 4.30!, and I hadn't even had a bath, got changed or packed an overnight bag.

Mad panic, quick but thorough bath, threw into my overnight bag, pj's, slipper socks, toothbrush and toothpaste, all tablets I would need, a hair brush, and of course two mini bottles of whisky. I have to have my neat whisky before I go to sleep!! Where do you think my blog name came from ;)

A quick goodbye kiss and wave from hubby and I was off, racing down the motorway and the A roads, Robbie Williams at top volume, trying not to shake too much as I hate night driving on single lane traffic. The oncoming lights blur my eyes a bit, so I slow down and take it carefully. Better to be late and in one piece I think.

When I arrived all four children I was due to babysit for were having their dinner. Blow up beds were pumped up, I was given sleep time, and lay out instructions, told how to turn the oven on to cook my pizza, and left by the adults for their chef cooked meal :). I was given a beautiful bouquet of flowers and a lovely box of choccies, which there was no need for, but were really appreciated :)

Panicccc! Me incharge of three girls, one boy for a whole evening. Right, get organised. We agreed on the first game we were playing, then on the second, then the third, then the jigsaws, then the dancing. Then one more quick game before bedtime. All faces washed, teeth brushed, ear pierced peoples ears cleaned, bedtime stories read, and all children in allocated beds.

I went downstairs chuffed with myself.

Called back upstairs as the light that was in one of the bedrooms was too bright for one of them to sleep with. But, one of the other children did need a light on to sleep well. SO hall light swapped, no, no good. Back to the original light angled down pointing at the floor......all good. Back downstairs.

Soon enough a little person that couldn't sleep due to the loud whispering in the ither bedroom came and sat on the sofa with me. I left my pizza on the table and went upstairs to talk to them. I explained the situation, and asked them to talk in complete whispers for ten more minutes. The it would be sleep time!

Pizza finished, of course with a little help from my friend. Back upstairs we went, and settled her in. I popped my head round the door of the other room, and only one remained awake! She was playing with her glow stick, so I said, five more minutes then it's sleep time.

I got changed in the spare bedroom into my lovely fluffy pink pyjama's sat on the bed for a while, and then peeped into the room again. Glow stick down, but alarm clock being played with. I crept in, took the glow stick and clock off her, and told her just to lie back, close her eyes and she would soon be asleep.

Sure enough ten minutes later I crept back upstairs and she was snoring away. Yes Mummy and Daddy, Little Miss Purple does snore! I carefully pulled her duvet back over her, and left them all in the land of slumber.

I lay on the sofa, glass of coke and remote control to hand. Listening to the monitor relaying Little Miss Pinks snoring into the room. The fridge making the wierdest noises ever, and every now and then popping outside for a ciggy, leaving both doors open a crack so I could hear.

At 2.20am in came Mr Bleach and Sis In Law. They had assumed I would have gone to bed....but I told them I wouldn't go to bed until I knew they were home safe. After a quick stand outside it was bedtime. By this time 3am! I drank my little bottle of whisky (well maybe not so little), and nodded off.

I won't go into too much detail here....but needless to say I didn't get up until 12pm! Doorbells, little visitors, the od disturbance and I slept through most of it!

Breakfast, coffee to wake me up, hugs and kisses all round and I was off home to see hubby. He then spent most of the afternoon in the spare room doing some electrics. We had dinner, watched some tv, and both set off upstairs completely exhausted.

Boy did I sleep well.....and I was up this morning ready for the Avon delivery coming early. It's now 11.34 and is it here yet? No.

Hugs all round

Whisky

xxxxx

Labels:

1 Comments:

At Nov 20, 2006, 10:01:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you ever so much again - you don't know how great it was and the kids were asking when you would be back!! Hehe- I will have loads of nights out at this rate Litte Miss Pink even wants to share her new bed with you - and yes- it is purple!

Have a great day at work and I will ring soon!

love
SIL

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home