Whisky and Coke

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Daily ramblings of a dippy female....smile for me and I'll smile back.....love me and I'll love you back....make time for me and I'll make time for you. xxxxx

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

My First Day Back At Work

I want to say thankyou to everyone who wished me well for my return to work. Yes I had a panic attack in the car, shaking like a leaf in the car park.....but it all went really, really well.

I was up at nine, had brekky, came online to try and stop the nerves, had a bath, made myself look presentable and off I went.

I set off at 12pm for a ten minute car journey, I'm always early, and I wasn't sure what the lunchtime traffic might be like. I got into the carpark at 12.10! and smoked what would be my last cigarette for four hours.

I went in, walked up tot the sales office, and it has been completely changed around! I managed to find S the team leader and then S my boss appeared as well. She told me first things first, pop down to HR and give them my bank account details to make sure I get paid....my boss has her priotities right :) I sat with the HR lady for a while, going over new rules and regulations, although I'm not quite sure that I will need to wear a hard hat while entering orders, you never know.

Back up to Boss S, and was introduced to the new members of the sales team. One of which, I spied had my excessively large calculator!! Big boo boo!. I did leave it an hour before I politely asked for it back. Boss S sat with my while I put on three orders, it all came flooding back to me, and she left me to my own devises putting on the easy orders which were "routes", as in our own transport, not overnight carriers.

Every few minutes people who were there two years ago came and said hello. How well I lookes, how much they had missed me, how good it was to see me back, and if I needed anything just to ask. I was made to feel so welcome it was unbelievable.

I unpacked my box of things that had been kept from when I went off ill, and found tonnes of stuff. My pink monkey jacket, now in washing machine!. Some rather expensive hand cream, cheap hand cream, a Koala, cuddly kangaroo, piggy pencil case full of pink and purple pens, and of course copious amounts of small piggy toys that used to adorn my working space. One thing I found I had completely forgotten about. One of Mum's friends had kindly made me a photo frame. It was stitched in blue and white, and had the word "hug" on it. I had slipped into the photo space a passport sized picture of hubby and I. I got all emtional when I saw it, it was as if he was with me for my first day back at work!

I ploughed through orders, with Boss S checking them for me, and no errors! Come 4.30 my brain finally felt as if it had been used! Such a much needed feeling. I left, happy and content, and looking forward to my shift on Thursday! Of course I had forgotten the joys of getting home. Island backed up for twenty minutes, and having to stick the nose of my ickle purple car right out to get someone to let me accross. Oh Joy!

I got home, had a well deserved and much needed milky coffee, settled down to watch a pre recorded show. That finished, Sis In Law rang to see how things had gone.....I can't believe how many people have rallied round for me over the last few weeks. Checking on me after meetings at work, hospital appointments, the eve of returning to work, and of course the after effects of my first shift. But.....it has been apreciated. I didn't know just how many people cared about me :) and that means a lot!

Hubby rang to say he was on his way home....of course I rattled away to him about work while he was driving, and as soon as he got in. In between placing my Avon order of course. I rang my Mum, and was a bit evil. I told her I hated it and never wanted to go back. She asked why, I replied.....cos I'm joking!! She called me a rude name, but soon forgave me.

We chatted about our upcoming booze cruise, and what supplies her and Dad wanted, then I left her to watch the end of Holby City!

Hubby and I chatted some more, about matress shopping at the weekend, about the booze cruise,and about my hair. Yes....I'm getting it re braided on Friday! Wooohoooo! I can either have what I have now redone, which is called a Crown Braid, or there is another one, which just keeps your hair off your face. I have booked in for 3pm on Friday, and will suffer the pain for the duration of it being done, and no doubt the first night. But after that I will love it again :) I think I'm a braid addict.

Maybe I should watch closely as they do it, so I can practise on Little Miss Purple? Maybe not!

Ooohhh I have uploaded the pictures of the birdy from the Thai restaurant.

I present to you

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Phonella....the Swede bird.

That was her from the front saying "hello".

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting This is her wing....just look at the detail! It must have taken ages to do, and a lot of skill!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting more of the detail on her chest.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting A "birds eye view" (good joke hey!)

and finally Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Her very delicate rear end.

She is the size of a fist, and sits perfectly in the palm of my hand. She resides at the moment in the freezer to be brought out on Christmas day, to wind my Dad up that I have developed a new skill hehehehehehehe!

I talk to her every day, and she says she likes the cold....it stops her from deteriorating, and it means she can be my friend for eternity....as long as no one turns off the freezer. Ahem Mr Bleach take note!

Yes I am a little bit wacky.....but that's just me!

I will post the Questions and answers either tomorrow or Friday. So this is your last chance to submit. Thank you everyone who has asked away so far. All of the questions are.....well......amazing! and I really had to think hard, and as promised, honestly, as I typed my answers.

All in all

THANKYOU
Whisky

xxxxxx

Labels:

2 Comments:

At Nov 16, 2006, 11:45:00 AM , Blogger LadyHawk said...

Well done, Whisky!! Am glad everything went well for you on your first day back at work. Hugs from Malaysia.

 
At Nov 20, 2006, 6:26:00 AM , Blogger Sandra said...

Hi Whisky!!!!! Awesome!!!!! I'm so happy things went well for you on your first day back!

Love and oodles of HUGS go out to ya from Texas!,

Sandra

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home