Whisky and Coke

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Daily ramblings of a dippy female....smile for me and I'll smile back.....love me and I'll love you back....make time for me and I'll make time for you. xxxxx

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Welcomed With Open Arms - Literally

I haven't posted for a couple of days as we have been looking after Sammy the dog, and because it was the run up to my meeting at W***. I was worried, and I didn't want to do yet another negative, self pitying post. I thought I'd leave it until after the event, and let you know either the good or the bad news.

Shall I close the post now and leave you all in anticipation??

Would I dare?

No!

The meeting was at nine, so 7am promptly I got up and had breakfast. Surprisingly I had slept well last night, I thought I would be awake for hours worrying, but my last thoughts were of Avon for some strange reason.

Breakfast had, and then an extremely strong milky coffee and we were on our way. Hubby was accompanying me. Mainly as when I am stressed I tend not to hear the important things, and also to reiterate the points that might need reiterating.

Sat in the car I was ok. Pulling into the car park I got the jitters. By the time my boss Miss S had walked down the stairs and into reception I was trembling! She sawhubby first and then saw me. I don't think she recognised me at first. After all the last time she had seen me I was 6 and a half stone, lying on the sofa wrapped in my dressing gown, pale and with extremely short hair.

Now there I was, sitting, tanned, up to 9 and a bit stone with longer than shoulder length hair. She immediately walked towards me and gave me the biggest hug anf kiss on the cheek ever. She said how good it was to see me and didnt stop smiling.

Next came the HR lady. Her I was a little nervous about seeing as she can seem to be a little "cold" towards people. She said hello and again gave me a big grin. We went to walk into the meeting room and found it was locked. HR lady went to get the key and Miss S noticed I was shaking. SHe asked if I was cold and I admitted it was because I was nervous!

We all sat down, I was as usual a bit emotional, but they soon put me at my ease. To cut a reasonably short meeting even shorter, they want me back. They have three or four new members in the team, but are desperate to have me back as my knowledge of the products and the computer system will be an enormous help to them. They value me and my opinion of work.....and that is, get there early, work hard, chat little and never leave anything uncompleted.

Even thought the Occupational Health doctor had stated on his letter I was to work mornings, I afvised them that I was willing to work the hours that suited them. It was agreed that I would start by working two four hour shifts a week. We all agreed that afternoons were best, it would help cover lunch periods and the busy afternoon rush, so I'm working 12.30 until 4.30. I said my ideal days would be Tuesday and Thursday, as that way I had a days recuperation in between. (and a nice long weekend bit I didnt mention that!). Miss S automatically agreed that Tuesdays and Thursdays are the busiest days!

Finally we had to decide on my start date. I said I could do a couple of shifts next week, even though I have two hospital appointments on two separate days that will involve early starts. Miss S said it would be better to leave it until the week after as next week she is training a new recruit. So I get another week to do the hundreds of jobs on my list that I want to do before I go back to work!!

There will be reviews once a month to check that I am ok, to see if I want to increase my hours, and also to check that they are happy with my work.

We all came out of the meeting smiling and laughing, hubby and I went to Tesco to get some lunch and all I kept saying in my extremely excited voice was "Guess what.........I@m going back to work!!!!"

I'd gone from being absolutely terrified of even thinking about it, and not even being able to type the word on here......to being excited about going back! No longer will the word WORK be referred to as W***. Unless anything goes extremely wrong, which fingers crossed, touch wood, it won't. But, there is every chance that I may relapse at any time. And I made sure that HR lady and Miss S were aware of that. I have always been honest with them, and I think they respect me for that.

So........How many steps up the ladder have I made in the last eight week or so? Going to see Robbie Williams live! A two week holiday abroad, taking on the small challenge of doing Avon, and loving it, and finally settling things in for writing and researching my book. To top it off......returning to work.

Please......nobody grease the steps on my ladder just yet....I want to see just how much higher I can get...who knows one day I might be able to reach the sky :)

I want to thank each and every one of you for your support, kind words, and much needed smiles and hugs when I have needed them the most. Just because I'm returning to work it doesnt mean I won't be blogging.......you don't get rid of me that easily. :)

For now I'll love you and leave you. Good night God Bless, and may your guardian angel watch over all of you, as she has with me.

Millions of hugs

Whisky

xxxxxxxxxx

Labels:

2 Comments:

At Nov 1, 2006, 5:42:00 AM , Blogger Divemuster said...

Glad to hear you are taking the steps up the ladder. One step at a time at your own pace, and yes.. the sky is not unreacheable.

Good on you Whisky...

 
At Nov 1, 2006, 2:57:00 PM , Blogger Sandra said...

Hi Whisky!! I am sooo extremely HAPPY for you!!! That's wonderful news!! One step at a time, right? Guardian of Angel of Whisky's, please watch over her for she is a wonderful lady!! God Bless you always, Whisky!! Greatly appreciate the Guardian Angel wish for all!! Take care!! Bye! :)

Oodles of HUUGGSS go out to you from the country bumpkin in Texas!!!

Sandra

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

P.S. Also, I am sooo honored that you added me to your "Blog I Read" links!! Thanks! That makes feel so good!!

You are soooo SUPER SWEET!!! Thank you for always being so kind to me!!!! Hugs to ya! Bye! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home