Whisky and Coke

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Daily ramblings of a dippy female....smile for me and I'll smile back.....love me and I'll love you back....make time for me and I'll make time for you. xxxxx

Monday, October 23, 2006

It Wasn't Me It Was The Calculator.....Honest Guv!

Problem solved. Friday night hubby and I sat and went through everything Avon related. I checked all of the prices on the invoice against what was on the orders. The all added up. Hubby did the usual and created a spreadsheet for me. And we finally narrowed it down to gues who's orders.......mine!

I hadn't allowed for the fact I had ordered three of one item, and the calculator's number 7 has miscalculated my total as well. Problem solved and the missing four pounds was found! Phew. Hubby has now agreed to being my administrator.......and I agreed, knowing if I didn't I would offend him.

So, normality resumed and we celebrated with one biiiig chinese take away :)

More orders were collected on Friday evening and I was well over my total for comission. I actually enjoy it! Whilst I was calling on one of my neighbours to see if they wanted to order anything, they asked me into the house as they needed some advice. The daughter wanted a waterproof mascara as she has sensitive skin. Not only did I advise her which one she needed, but I also knew exactly which page it was on! Hows that for customer satisfaction.

Saturday was spent in a lazy way. When we got back from holiday I realised I had run out of my sleeping tablets. I decided to try Tesco own sleep aid, a hermal remedy. The first night went well.....slept straight through, but I think that was post holiday exhaustion. After that it all went downhill. Awake at 2am, 3am, 4am tossing and turning, and always tired. I finally got my repeat prescription on Friday. Took my tablets that night and slept like a baby.

Hubby of course questioned whether I needed them. I explained that I hadn't slept properly since we had been back. He asked if I had taken them on holiday and was surprised when I said yes. They are always needed, especially when you have pulled a muscle in your back and are in pain. As well as helping to block out the memories of 30+ surgeries, and horror stories from being in the hospital. Even when your exhausted your mind can remember even the smallest details.....even if you are on holiday!

He finally agreed that taking sleeping tablets was a small price to pay for what I have been through over the last 12 or so years.

Knowing I had to go to the post office to pay in my Avon money on Saturday I set my alarm for 10am. I got up, had breakfast and waited for hubby to return from shopping with the papers. He got back, gave me the papers and said.....I'll pop to the post office now for you like you asked me to last night! I hadn't asked him, and it was really sweet of him to do this.....but if I had known I would have spent an extra hour in bed!

We sat together, me on the pc catching up on blogs and e mails and him reading the paper. I had my lunch, the remains of the huuuuge chinese from the night before (always safe as I have done this on numerous occasions), and decided to go for an hours sleep. Normally it takes me at least an hour to get to sleep, so I assumed I would just lie and think, get bored and get up. No, hubby woke me up just in time for You've Been Framed three hours later! He had even been out to a few shops and I hadn't heard him leave or come back! I must have needed it.

We sat together and watched YBF and hubby was in stitches. I watched the X factor, predicted who would be evicted as hubby cooked the tea. Answered all of the questions correctly on the lottery quiz show and we settled down to eat dinner. Why we always eat at the same time as Casualty is on I'll never know! I have to tell hubby to look away when they are using needles, and he has to tell me to look away, block my ears and sing when they are re inserting a dislocation! Nice when you are eating steak and jacket potatoes.

Sunday.....hubby went off to his Mum and Dads to help chop down a lilac tree that was in the way of their soon to be built extension. I got up at a disgusting time! and was just settling down to read the papers and eat my breakfast when he came back. Put it this way, he left at 9am and came back at 2p. Tutt Tutt.

Hubby prepapred the stew (he always loves to cook at the weekends, and says it gives me a rest as I cook all week), and I went to distribute yet more Avon books, and collect the odd order. Guess what......it was raining, heavily! My last call was a lovely lady about 15 doors away from us. We have chatted every time I have called, and she knows I have been off work ill, and I know she has had the builders in. Lets call her Mrs M. Anyway, I rang her bell, and politely stepped away from the door as I always do. She took one look at me, and dragged me into the house, told me to take off my coat, handed me a towel, sat me in front of the fire and made me a hot coffee. She even volunteered to give me shot of whisky in it, but I declined. I helped her choose her order as she isn't very good at finding the shades she wants of make up, and left her with a wet patch on her hall tiles. She didn't mind and gave me strict instructions to go home and have a hot bath!

I did, a lovely bubble filled Avon blackberry burst bath. Heaven. As hubby was aching all over from digging and chopping I ran him a eucalyptus muscle relaxing bath and told him to soak for a while to ease the pain. He came down, I was on the net placing my Avon order then I caught NN (my friend and an emplyee of hubby in his hold job) on MSN and we had a good chat.

Dinner was scrummy, then we watched Prime suspect. SOmehow we ended up top to tail on the sofa massaging each others feet. I dont know how it happened but hubby ended up in my pink and purple slipper socks! Cute!!

Exhausted hubby retired to bed, and I smothered him in cocoa butter moisturiser on his peeling bits. I told him to keep moisturising as soon as we got back, but does he listen......naaah. I have diligently moisturised every night after my bath and am not peeling at all......serves him right. After all a woman ALWAYS know best, right girls?

Here I am at 1.07am typing this up. I thought I'll just write a few lines as I haven't posted for a couple of days, what happens, I go off on one and type war and peace in one go.

I hope everyone had a good weekend, and I hope I haven't bored you with my extremely detailed ramblings.

For now......goodnight, good morning, and good afternoon.

P.s. could the R O D reader let me know who they are? It could be Navie Wifey, but you know me I'm curios.

Hugs for all

Whisky


xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home