Whisky and Coke

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Daily ramblings of a dippy female....smile for me and I'll smile back.....love me and I'll love you back....make time for me and I'll make time for you. xxxxx

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Catching Up With Normality

Yesterday seemed to last forever. I was completely exhausted, but it serves me right for having a 20 hour day the day before. I started off ok. Went over to the Doctors for my check up. Yes I still have my chest infection, more anti biotics. No I don't have an ear infection, the sound loss is due to blocked sinusses due to my chest infection. No I don't have a kidney infection, the pain in my lower right back is muscular strain due to the coughing from my....you guessed it chest infection. And yes, I did severely burn my throat with the exceedingly hot coffee I drank on our way out of the concert. The Doc was quite pleased with the size of the blister at the back of my throat! Wow! I'm glad somebody was pleased. Gargle with salt water if it's painful. But the anti biotics for the chest infection (yawn) will prevent any infection forming in the big as a five pence peice blister. Oh, and a cough syrup just to help with the chest infection. Anything else?! Yes.....I received a letter from your Surgeon and he is exstatic at how well you are healing so far......shame he doesn't know about the chest infection!

Oh well.....at least I have had a thorough check up before we go away. One good thing, the anti biotics I am on...although now four times a day instead of three, I can have a little amount of alcohol. Bad thing is....the cough syrup, well, it sends me loopy. I took some yesterday, and within five minutes I had the most tremendous shakes that lasted for at least an hour. Hubby was in shock at how violently my hands were shaking! So, as a precaution I took it just before I went up to bed last night. It seemed to do the trick, I was out like a light and never knew whether I had the shakes or not.

Oh I forgot to say......when I was just about to leave for the docs yesterday, for some reason I looked at my hand. PANIC!!!!!! no wedding and engagement ring. In the past they have been known to slip off my finger as I had lost so much weight...but now they are fairly secure as I have gained some weight back. My heart was racing, I was fighting back the tears and I can't repeat the words I was using. F this F that. Where the blinking heck were my rings. I had visions of them being slipped secretly off my finger at the Robbie concert.....I had visions of them falling off my finger while my hand was out of the car window as we queud to get out of the car park. F......where the hell were they.

I charged upstairs and checked the bed. This was where I had found my wedding ring the last time I had "lost it". There they were side by side on my duvet. I knew instantly what had happened. I have a mild allergy. Nickel based allergy which means I am allergic to any jewellery other than gold or silver (lucky girl). For some reason I always get a small patch of my allergy on my wedding ring finger. In the night, totally subconsciously, I had obviously tried to scratch my finger, found my rings were in the way, removed them, and not put them back on!!! Amazing how the brain works when you are asleep!!!

I was releived, hubby was releived. ANd I know I can't spell today LOL.

Ma In Law visited, most of it was a blur, as I was hit by a sudden wave of complete exhaustion. I thought I was going to have to go to bed, but then I seemed to get a second wind. I delivered my Avon. Had a lovely bath, and hubby and I had dinner and sat and watched tv together.

He always seems to disapear to bed when Lost comes on. I think it's too confusing for him. It's confusing enough for me!!!

After Lost, one more ciggy then bed. I can remember thinking, oh my pillow is perfect tonight I'm really comfy. Then I remember waking up desperate for the toilet. I won't tell you what time it was....but it was time I got up!

Today.....I read the lovely comments left for me. Visited my usual blogs and caught up....and visited a new blog which blew me away. Ladyhawk is a friend of Moggie's anda fellow photographer. I will add her link as soon as I am more compus mentus. But......amazing!

So here I am blogging away, thinking, I need to do this, I need to do that. I need to start packing, I need to organise so much stuff. Panic is slowly setting in. Deep breaths. I can do it. Even if it all falls into place five minutes before we leave.

For now, so long....I'll be back tomorrow.

Hugs for all, lots of them

Whisky


xxxxxxxx

3 Comments:

At Sep 20, 2006, 6:56:00 PM , Blogger hollibobolli said...

good grief - what kind of cough syrup makes you loopy like that? And good for you that you're not allergic to the good metal too!!

I have to go check the lower posts and see who "Robbie" is!!

 
At Sep 21, 2006, 4:35:00 AM , Blogger Sandra said...

Hi Whisky!! Thank you so much for your recent visits to my blog and for all of your kind words! You are so super sweet!! Back from Vegas safe and sound and had a wonderful time. I'm hoping to post some pics soon. I'm so happy you enjoyed yourself at the concert. I know you were really looking forward to it. Great pics that you shared!!! I only wish the best for you!!

Hugs, hugs, and more hugs go out to you from Texas!!!,

xxxxx

Your countrygal pal, Sandra

 
At Sep 21, 2006, 11:39:00 AM , Blogger LadyHawk said...

Hi Whisky !! Thank you so much for visiting and I'm so glad you liked the pictures. I am always filled with much glee everytime I post something up 'cos I know there are peopel who appreciate them. Moggie has taught me lots too ... to see beyond the obvious. I hope your chest infection gets better soon. Hugs.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home