Whisky and Coke

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Daily ramblings of a dippy female....smile for me and I'll smile back.....love me and I'll love you back....make time for me and I'll make time for you. xxxxx

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Another Dedication Along With An Update On Life

I'm finally just about over my chest infection. I finished the antibiotics yesterday....and the coughing fits have finally receeded. I always sat everything happens for a reason, and maybe being on antibiotics before two big events coming up in the next week and a half was an omen. Not only did it help to clear up the chest infection, but, it has helped my wounds to heal even more!! I still have two patches which are irritating and require dressing pads. I'm still using the cream prescribed by the dermatologist. But....after a 6 day course of these tablets there has been a significant improvement!!

On Friday night I received a call from Sis In Law (SIL) telling me that Mr Robbie Williams was on on Sky One on Saturday evening. A behind the scenes show on the run up to his current tour, and a concert. Cool! I thought, I can record it and watch it. And I volunteered to record it for SIL as well as she doesnt get that channel.

Saturday morning I read the tv guide. It wasn't just any concert. It was THE concert in Leeds that we are due to see on Monday in Milton Keynes!!!! Freak Out!!!

I went into overload. Poor Sammy the dog didn't know what hit him! Robbie was on the stereo within a second, hubby was strictly instructed that the concert and show started at 8pm and he needed to have tuned in the dvd video combi by seven fourty five for a test record.

As usual he left it until the last minute......my brain is on countdown. Fifteen......fourteen....hurry up!! We did it in time, and I recorded the first hour. Cut out most of the adverts and then managed to sit down with my dinner and watch The Concert!!.

Seing Mr R appear, sing, entertain, dance, sweat, look directly into the camera.......swoooooooonerama! So much so, that I forgot to edit one lot of adverts and then the dvd ran out of time. Luckily it was in the section where he is introducing the members of the band. Dived in front of the tv, whipped out the dvd replaced it with a new one, waited for it to format, and pressed record before his next song started!!

I timed it so that after editing adverts I disapeared for a ciggy.....everytime I popped out of the room hubby turned up the volume on the tv again! It started at 20 set by me! By the end of the concert it was on 75!!!!!! No wonder I didn't hear SIL call us twice!

I took Sammy for his late night walk still in awe of one man in front of thousands doing what he does naturally.

Has anyone guessed I'm a HUGE Robbie Wiliams fan yet?!

Anyway.....sunday morning I'm eating my breakfast and hubby makes another announcement. The whole thing all three hours is being repeated that night.

Replay of Saturday night minus the tuning of the dvd. The whole thing was re recorded. This time the On the road section on one dvd and the concert on another.

Countdown is now 4 days!!! Until we are queuing (sp) for hours to see the man himself in action. My flag will be held high. I will have plenty of toilet roll to hand. Partly as these concert loo's apparently run out of rolls pretty quickly, and partly because I know that as soon as it starts I will cry. I'll probably blub all the way through the show......that's just me.

It reminds me of a secret birthday surprise that hubby organised for me many years ago. He bought me a lovely pair of black boots for my birthday but told me that I had to be available on a certain night, at a certain time as a birthday surprise was awaiting me. My Mum and Dad of course were in on it and kept winding me up.

Were we going out for a meal?! No. Were we going to visit someone?! No. Were we going on a mini holiday?! No.

The only thing I could get out of anyone was not to wear my new boots as it might be wet and they may get ruined?! I kept saying things like if you are taking me pot holing or wading accross a muddy feild forget it. He just kept grinning at me and laughing.

THE night came. Mum advised me to wear jeans, comfy shoes, a light top and taker a jacket. She re iterated I mustn't wear my boots as it might be wet. Hubby picked me up in the car. We drove for about three quearters of an hour. Parked in a huge car park, got on a coach..........Everyone around me had scarves but I couldn't quite make out what they said on them. We got off the coach and went into a huge building. Then I saw a poster and I twigged. My Mum had kept telling me not to wear my boots in case it was wet.

We were at the NEC in amongst the crouds of people waiting to see Wet Wet Wet live!!!!! My favourite group at the time. I was overjoyed, and shocked that hubby would even allow me to see Marti Pellow live, as I drooled over him too.

It was an amazing night, and my concert vitginity was broken. We soon went to see Gloria Estefan, Wet wet wet again, and I went to see Boyzone, and take That twice. One with Robbie once without.

Blimey......long post alert.

Anyway, four days until we see Robbie. Nine days until we depart for our fortnight abroad. I'm one lucky lucky girl. Feeling healthier by the day.

I'm making THE phone call to W*** tomorrow to see if they want me back, and if they do to arrange a meeting to organise my phased part time return. Wish me luck!!

And now to the dedication. Both Pickle and Moggie have made wonderful dedications relating to our loss of Steve Irwin. I came accross this on my travels and quickly linked it to my Bebo page. Please click on the link, scroll down slightly until the video screen comes into view, and if it doesn't start straight away, press play. Here's the link Whisky's Bebo Site - Including a dedication to Steve Irwin. and enjoy!!!

Anyway time for me to go turn Robbie up on the stereo.....and drool some more.

I hope you are all having a good day.

Hugs, hugs and more hugs for all

Whisky

xxxxxxx

2 Comments:

At Sep 13, 2006, 3:56:00 PM , Blogger moggie said...

whisky! very happy to hear that you're feeling much better.

dont think i've come across a bigger RW fan. love his music, 'angel' being my fav.

looking forward to some new photos.

hugs!

moggie

 
At Sep 14, 2006, 6:38:00 AM , Blogger Sandra said...

Hi Whisky! It's the countrygirl from Texas here! Wow! Thank you so much for your recent visit to my blog and the beautiful comments that you left for me! Don't give up! I think you should continue searching for those hot pink Crocs that you want. It's such a great pleasure meeting you! I will be looking in on you! I too love to give lots of HUGS!! They make one feel so good! Looking forward to future HUGS! I sure could use them also! Wishing you the best always!

Hugs, hugs, and more hugs!!!

Sandra from Texas

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home