Whisky and Coke

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Daily ramblings of a dippy female....smile for me and I'll smile back.....love me and I'll love you back....make time for me and I'll make time for you. xxxxx

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Wedding Dress Extravaganza!!!

As some people may be aware, August 25th is national "wear a wedding dress day". The idea is to wear a wedding dress all day and raise funds for your specified charity.

Guess what?!.........my Mum is doing just that. She is a volunteer at one of The Myton Hospice shops in Coventry. They are currently trying to raise funds for the building of a new Hospice on the brand new University (Walsgrave) hospital site. They need to raise 5 million, and are well on the way to that figure.....but need as much help as possible.

The plan is, my Mum and one of her working colleagues are going to wear wedding dresses and have preplanned bus journeys throughout Coventry to the other Myton Hospice shops. They will of course have an assistant with them for protection, but also carrying a bucket to collect as much cash as they can along the way.

Of course I'm not asking you to climb on a plane or train to my home town.......but if you wanted to make a donation the web address required is Myton Hospice Coventry Appeal.

I will keep posting this link until the date.....so if needs be, please have a think before donating. Even if it's just a penny.....every penny counts. Or if you feel the urge, and live nearby why not arrange your own fund raising event. All of the details required are on the web site.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. And thankyou in advance of anyone decides to make a donation, no matter how big or small.

Hugs as always

Whisky

xx

P.s. I will post photographic evidence of the wedding dress wearers as it is soon to be featured in our local evening paper!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home