Whisky and Coke

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Daily ramblings of a dippy female....smile for me and I'll smile back.....love me and I'll love you back....make time for me and I'll make time for you. xxxxx

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Laughing Seagulls, Low Flying Sand, and Something Beginning With T!

Well......I'm back. I didn't post yesterday as there was so much catching up to do on e mails and blogs and such like.

We also had to go and collect our treasured pet bird Snoopy from his holiday stay at Mum and Dad's. The big sofa move happened the Friday evening before we went away. We now have a lovely cream leather three peice, and Mum and Dad have the most gorgeous leather and fabric corner unit which is absolutely huuuuuuge!

Our holiday was lovely. We stopped in a static caravan on a site which was situated on a nature reserve. We had bunny rabbits outside our door every night, along with the biggest seagulls we had ever seen. They did the usual call that seagulls made......but they also "laughed". It was wierd. It was like a woman laughing her head off, and of course everytime I heard it I laughed along too. I think that because they frequented such a happy caravan site they had mimmicked the sound of so many people laughing!

We went to the site club a couple of times, and I had a go at the karaoke. Firstly I sang Robbie Williams Angels which went down well, then Katrina and The Waves Walking On Sunshine which I used to sing with my band.....that went down well too, and one woman came over to hubby and my table and demanded I do another one.....LOL. I did She's the One by Robbie, but changed it to He's the one and dedicated it to hubby.....the lady then came back and said we had to get a caravan on the site as I would go down a storm each week at the karaoke! It gave me a much needed confidence boost.

We spent a couple of days wandering around Rye, the first day we were followed up the street by a clinking sound, and the next thing we knew there were four or five knights in full armour doing a full scale battle right in front of us! Swords and everything. Although I knew it was carefully choreographed, I still clung to hubby's tee shirt for grim death as I was scared!

We followed them down the street and saw in a field down below there was a medieval type village set up. We wandered down and watched the archery, popped into all of the tents, stalls, and looked at things from fox furs eeeuuuugh! to incense, weapon making to candle making.....and it was a really refreshing change.

That night I admitted to hubby that there was something I had wanted for a very long time......and no it's not rude. He admitted he wanted one too, so we decided to think about it some more, and see if we could find the relevant place whilst we were away.

We visited Camber Sands on what must have been the windiest day of the week...bad choice. Although the sun was shining and improved our tan....we got sandblasted literally. I never knew you could get tham much sand in your ears and up your nose....needless to say it was sandy showers all round when we got home.

On one of our trips through Rye we spotted the shop we needed and decided to wander around the farmers market, and pop in to have a look. I have to admit I was nervous.

We wandered in, had a good look, made our decisions, sort of, and went for a final coffee before comitting ourselves.

As we sat drinking our iced coffee and cappucino I relayed some important advice to hubby. Only the week before on Baby Faith's blog, Holli had mentioning that purchasing such an item must only be done once you are in your thirties.....or older.

Hubby agree'd. We knew it would be for life, so a serious decision was made. After coffee's were drunk, and copious amounts of cigarettes smoked (tutt tutt) we headed back to the shop.

I went first, my decision made on two hearts pretty similar to the ones on the top of the header on my blog. Hubby went next and opted for a small cross.

I'll leave it to your imaginations what we bought.....I know one person for sure, Holli will know what we are talking about. I'm sure some people will disagree with our purchase....and I am betting Sis In Law might have a word or two to say!

I worked up the courage to tell my Mum and Dad as that was my main fear....that they might disown me. But they were cool about it and even said they were nice. Although I bet as soon as we had gone they talked about it in more detail.

My one regret is that we didn't meet up with C and P. The caravan was just too small for a travel cot unless it went on the roof. And the site were pretty strict on passes. My other regret is that as I felt I had let them down I didn't call them to apologise. I hope all is forgiven.

I'm glad to be home, in my own bed, my own lavendar scented bath, my own sofa especially the new one with the big chocolate brown suede/fur cushions. Our own home cooked food. But it was a well deserved break for hubby, and recuperation for me.

I still have one leg bigger than the other though.....I think due to my wounds, and the way I had to lean/lie, stand up, limp etc one set of leg muscles has deteriorated slightly and is thinner than the other. I hope I can build it back up again......maybe hopping on it for a while??? Bad idea as knowing me I'll end up landing on my butt and do myself more damage!!

Wish me luck as on Thursday I see my surgeon Mr R. I'm hoping he will say I can make plans to return to W***. My only regret is I forgot to get him a stick of rock!!!!

I'll leave you to peruse my ramblings.

Love and hugs as always

Whisky

xxxxxxx

1 Comments:

At Aug 7, 2006, 9:04:00 PM , Blogger Haley said...

Welcome Back!!

( I need to come back to read your blog..but I will!)

Haley

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home