Whisky and Coke

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Daily ramblings of a dippy female....smile for me and I'll smile back.....love me and I'll love you back....make time for me and I'll make time for you. xxxxx

Friday, July 28, 2006

A Goodbye, A Welcome Back,A farewell and I'll See You Soon

Sammy the dog left us on Wednesday night. He returned home to his Mommy and Daddy, and was extremely excited to see them! Of course I'll miss the brown eyes looking at me and the patter of his feet on the kitchen floor......but he needs to be home being loved by V and A.

Hopefully, we are doggysitting again in September........and in the best possible way I can't wait.

Sis In Law and Mr Bleach will return from their sun drenched trip this weekend, just as we leave for ours. I've missed them and the girls. No phone calls asking if you're "Allriiiight?" I just hope the holiday was as fun and relaxing as they deserved.

CCF (Clever Crafting Friend) came to visit me last week. It was lovely to catch up on everything....and she looks so well :) We sat in the garden in the shade, and occasionally Sam came to check we were still there. She couldn't believe that he is thirteen. He has such a bounce in his step I'm sure he's still a puppy at heart.

I'm looking forward to my holiday. ALthough, as always, I feel guilty about going away while I'm still off W***. I'm looking at it as a way of building my strength back up in readiness for my return. It will be early starts, days out and lots of walking, and that's what I need to build myself up energy wise.

I saw the Dermatologist this week, and he was amazed at my progress. He said he couldn't believe the difference in my wounds from the last time I saw him which was a month ago. I've been taking Hair, Skin and Nail supplements which are packed with Zinc, Magnesium, Vitamin D and Folic acid and they have worked soooooo well. He said it was the best thing I could have done......upped my system with just the right vitamins to help promote the healing process. He also commented on my suntan....I thought he was going to warn me about wearing sun cream, but he again said that it would boost my system. All in all my body seems to be coping well. Touch wood**

I know I'm absolutely covered in scars.....but who cares...it's only skin after all, the real person is the one inside and that's what counts :)

I'm pleased to report that Beautiful B is home!!! I hope I'm not out of order posting about her.....but she has really touched my heart. I know how much her illness has upset and worried Holli. I know I only know Holli and Faith via blogland, but they are special to me. Her writing skills are second to none, her sense of humour is wonderful, and her ability to touch people's hearts with her moving stories is amazing. Seing baby Faith grow via pictures and words is indescribable. I can compare her to Little Miss Pink and Little Miss Purple and imagine her personality and sense of humour developing in the same ways as theirs.

I just hope, as I said in my comment that I don't come accross as weird. That's the last thing I want. Bride and Groom To Be will tell you that on here I am a little paranoid. I'm forever worrying if I have upset or offended someone. I guess it's just that on here you cant always see peoples reactions to what you have written. DOes that make sense? When hubby and I met up with B and G 2 B it was a bit scary at first. Hubby had hardly ever spoken to them and the only communication we had had really was in a chatroom and over the phone. But we clicked immediatly. Sense of humours and things in common prevailed and we had the best weekend ever in their presence. Hubby now see's them as his drinking buddies, and I see them as two of my closes friends, along with CCF, Navie Wifie and of course Sis In Law. I had a dilemma last week, and the first person I called was Bride To Be. That's how much I value our friendship.

Anyway.....I guess what I'm trying to say is, some people "poo poo" the thought of making friends over the internet. Yes some of my best friends I met at work, or college, but I'm glad I expanded my world onto the big wide web as well. They are after all real people too. It's not as if they are automated robots creating words from a dictionary programmed into a micro chip. They have emotions, feelings and dreams and wishes just like the rest of us. I guess we are brave being able to share them on here in words and pictures. Maybe it's stuff we can't always say in "real life" and it's easier to type it and press save or send. But I know for sure during my journey over the last two or three years it has helped me no end.

There were times when I cried as I read things on here, times when I laughed and smiled......and times when I realised I'm not the only one with troubles. Most importantly I've realised that typing a few words on someone's web site or MSN or in a chat room can bring someone back their smiles or laughs. I'm not physically able to cross the world and hug someone to make them feel better, but I can leave a comment or send an e mail to let them know I care.

This is one loooooong post isn't it!

Also I discovered the Crohns Zone web site. It is a never ending source of inspiration, advise and support for people like me who have IBD. I go to them with Crohn's or ileostomy related problems and again am soon made to feel better.

I've learned from Moggie that nature is a wonderful thing. I look at plants, tree's clouds, birds, insects and animals differently and almost hear the click in my head as I take a mentl picture of it in my internal camera. He is a treasure. He has the eye for a picture you wouldn't believe......and every time I see a rainbow I think of him :)

I've learned from Pickle that a dogs life is to be treasured. Drawn fantastically his insights on doggy behaviour and thoughts always makes me smile. Especially today's picture of a doggy bottom burp!!

So......the next time you see someone without a smile, give them yours. The next time you see someone in pain, give them a kind word or a hug. The next time you sense someone is lonely, send them an e mail, letter or pick up the phone. Not all people in this world are good......but the majority are and they deserve the best from each and every one of us.

Remember if we all think like that, the next time you are without a smile, in pain or lonely....someone will be there for you.

Hugs for all
I'll be back in a week and two days or so.
I'll be thinking of youall so behave! and hopefully I'll be seing some of you soon ;)

Love and kisses too

Whisky

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

2 Comments:

At Jul 31, 2006, 7:08:00 PM , Blogger hollibobolli said...

I was offline while I was at Nana & Poppy's this weekend, but your package arrived!!

It was wonderful, and so was this post!!! I'm really REALLY glad that bear was intended for Faith, because she snatched it away from me before I could investigate who you sent it to. WHEW!!! She also tried to take my Faith Angel, but I retrieved it.. I LOVE IT! I loved all of it.

I'm saving your card for Baby Girl B until she goes back into the hospital. She goes back tomorrow and I thought she might need something special to cheer her up.

You're the best.

Hugs, hugs and more hugs.

Holli

 
At Aug 6, 2006, 3:55:00 AM , Blogger moggie said...

i couldnt have read this post at a better time. Thank you, whisky. this has helped me more than u could imagine. will miss u while u r away.

a mill hugs comin' your way!

moggie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home