Whisky and Coke

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Daily ramblings of a dippy female....smile for me and I'll smile back.....love me and I'll love you back....make time for me and I'll make time for you. xxxxx

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Heat Induced Lethargy

The UK this week has hit over 100 degrees.....up until this week I've enjoyed the sun. Sitting out in it in the late afternoon and devloping my tan. But this week has just been silly.

I can't even step outside until after 5pm, and then all I am doing it lying on the sun lounger in the shade and falling asleep!

But....it's amazing what you notice when your outside.

At the weekend, hubby sat with me for a while....it was ant day. When all of the ant nests suddenly burst into life and the queens come out and fly. How do they know to all do it on the same day?!

Anyway....that was me hooked. Watching them fight their way out of the nests, fly off and some get caught by birds or caught in spiders webs. The lawn was almost glistening there were so many on their, their wings catching the sunlight.

Here's where stoopid Whisky comes into action.

I had been watching one spider carry and ant to it's lair, then watching more webs on the washing line and counting how many ants were caught in it....when I remembered "my spider". He has created a beautiful web that I had been admiring the day before, on the garage eaves. I went to check....and he hadn't caught any ants!!

I was most distressed and proceeded to take one ant from another web and place it delicately on his web so he had one.

I told you I was stoopid.

Hubby had brought a new head for the hose....we haven't got a hose pipe ban here yet. and he had it on mist and was spraying himself...he even brought out Snoopy our pet cockatiel, placed him in the shade at the side of him and sat with him for a couple of hours.

The next morning he woke up with a sore shoulder....the funniest thing happened.

He got out the tens machine (small battery powered machine with sticky pads that alleviate pain, and massage the muscles using electric mini shocks). He placed the pads on his shoulder and turned it on.

He was sat there quite happily as it vibrated away. He lifted his arm to get his drink and he couldn't pick the glass up as it was making his arm twitch......well I fell about laughing. It was like Peter Crouch doing his robot dance....now hubby can't really dance...but I had visions of him with tens pads attached to legs and arms to make him dance like a puppet. The tears were streaming down my face and all hubby could say what....it's not funny....it was from where I was sitting!!

Hopefully we are seing The Bride and Groom to be soon on our holiday. As long as the terms and conditions are ok for the caravan site we are staying on they will join us with the twins for a night and I can't wait!!

Catch up....tarot readings, laughs and probably a very drunk hubby.

On that note I'll leave you.

Please remember to keep Brittany in your thoughts.

Hugs for all

Whisky

xxxx

2 Comments:

At Jul 19, 2006, 4:59:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Whisky, I am soooooooo sorry I haven't been in touch or been round to c u. Life is mad, hubby just back from trip of 12 weeks, so getting used to that. Miss Crystal has flown to Scotland to stay with Grandparents today and I've just had chance to catch up on your blog. Will be in touch soon promise, big, big hug......x

 
At Jul 20, 2006, 6:44:00 AM , Blogger moggie said...

ello, whiskey! it's amazing how much you see once you 'tune out' everything else and 'tune in' to nature when you're ourdoors, isn't it? don't have to be in the jungle or forest...just your garden.

hugs!

moggie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home