Whisky and Coke

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Daily ramblings of a dippy female....smile for me and I'll smile back.....love me and I'll love you back....make time for me and I'll make time for you. xxxxx

Monday, August 14, 2006

Bedtime Stories, Words Of Wisdom, and Motorway Madness

Well.....hubby has started his "funny" shifts, and it has totally thrown us into dissaray. The poor chap is having to get up at 1.15am and getting home at about 2.00pm. The evening before his first shift I offered to stay up to make sure he was up in time, but he insisted I go to bed early as I was tired. So, 11pm, yes 11pm I went to bed. The earliest in months! I slept well, then began having the strangest dream. It revolved around me being lost in a house, but knowing I had to get back to the bedroom to wake hubby for work. At one point I was sat in a room watching tv and feeding horses.Huh? Yup two white horses in someones living room, but what I fed them was even stranger?! Onions, oranges and lemons?!

Anyway, up and down corridoors I went trying to find hubby to wake him for work. Could I find him.....no! Panic set in. In my dream it was only eleven thirty, so when I awoke from my dream panicking, I thought, it's ok, if it's eleven thirty I can go downstairs and watch tv and wake hubby at the required time.

Downstairs I trotted, lit a cigarette, still panicked from my dream, and looked at the clock on the cooker. Well blow me down with a feather! It was three thirty!!

Panic.....hubby's cigarettes were still on the coffee table, but I was sure when I had walked passed his bedroom door it had been open meaning he was awake. I frantically checked the kitchen for his car keys....gone! Car gone! He had left for work PHEW!

It took me a good hour to get back to sleep, but I knew after all that, that hubby HAD left for work.

Sunday, and we had been invited to Sis In Laws for dinner. Hubby got back from work at around two and went for a sleep. I crept around the house, doing my hair, re doing it, putting on makeup etc. Trying to keep myself occupied quietly as hubbu napped. I woke him up, rang SIL to check for final instructions, and off we went.

Now although I have only driven myself to SIL's once, I have done the journey numerous times as a passenger. I was a bit shocked, but kept quiet, when hubby decided to take an alternative route, and a different motorway.

Sure enough, we then were stuck in a traffic jam, not moving for three quarters of an hour. I texted SIL, then rang her as I remembered she "doesn't do texts" to let her know we were running late.

As we waited, I watched the goings on around us. People getting out of their cars and grabbing things from the boot to entertain themselves on what could be a long wait. Children with the biggest gobstopper sweets I have EVER seen! Men discretely popping behind a bush to relieve themselves. And to top it all off, one extremely dozy woman....her car was in the inside lane. She was the passengar. She prceeded to get herself out of the car and take her infant from his car seat. Even though she was directly in front of a flashing sign that said there had been an accident! She then took her child in her arms and strolled accross the hard shoulder to have a look in front. Even hubby commented that she hadn't looked behind her, and an emergency vehicle could come shooting up the hard shoulder at any second to get to the accident, and she would be directly in the way with a small child.

Sure enough, seconds after she had ambled back to her car an ambulance shot down the hard shoulder. We eventually passed the accident. It looked like a cars tyre had blown, but thankfully everyone was safe. We evntually got to SIL's and had a scrummy dinner. I must ask her for the recpe for her honey carrots!

Blimey......long post today!

The kids were adorable as always, and hubby turned up the excitement value by teasing them as usual. I had my hair done by Little Miss Purple, after I had done Little Miss Pinks hair. Mr Bleach and SIL had a friends daughter staying with them who is lovely....the girls adore her, and I think she may be a budding artist. Either by drawing and painting, or in photography. As she is german, like SIL occasionally translations were done....but I did understand one, I heard the word tattoo, and knew immediately that she had asked if these were the couple who had had the tattoo's done. Hahahaha! I then showed off my german skills, got it badly wrong, and tried to say my german catchphrase. I'm a little silly cow. But I failed miserably :(

We left fairly early as hubby had to be in bed, get five hours sleep and then get up for work. I stayed up this time, ensuring that he was up, had coffee and left safely for work. Then little miss panic here, sent him a text making sure he had arrived safely. He had, so a good nights sleep was had by me.

I awoke to the sound of huby getting back from work. I got up and asked down the stairs "is that you" my voice was craoky....but it was him not a burglar LOL.

After a quick breakfast and catch up with him I came on the net.

First stop e mails, second stop bebo, third stop Holli and Faith's blog. Second stop a work related blog. Third stop Pickle's blog. I was gobsmacked. He has a new picture on there today. I, as always, enlarghed it to look closer and read the words......and there I am in one of Pickle's drawings!!!

Please pop along to read the Bedtime Story yourself....if you are a blogger you will understand. Pickle's Site. and join me in keeping this beautiful and strong person in our thoughts and prayers.
Pickle's site, a beatiful array of hand drawn pictures.

As I have said in previous posts, probably to the chargin of some people. My internet friends mean as much to me as my "everyday" friends. And to know that I am in their thoughts, as they are in mine, means the world to me. When I read Pickle's post I cried. But.......when I returned from holiday and saw Moggie's post, I cried too.

Please pop and have a look at this Moggie's Site.Please look at his wonderful pictures and scroll down to Whisky's Words Of Wisdom.

There is another link I need to add as well. A fellow Crohn's sufferer who has kindly linked my page on his site. Crohn's Patient We crossed paths on the Crohn's Zone site, and seing as we are suffering from the same disease but different symptoms, we thought we would both share our experiences.

I think today's post has been the longest ever, but one last thing.

I know that some people in my life are experiencing tough times right now. All of you are in my thoughts. You know who you are, and I won't go into detail. But please, catch my smile accross the internet, grab my hugs, and know that I care.

Hugs for all.....especially Pickle and Moggie
Lots of love and smiles

Whisky

xxxxxxx

4 Comments:

At Aug 14, 2006, 3:34:00 PM , Blogger moggie said...

hi, whisky! just popped by for my daily dose of hugs.

Pickles' 'Bedtime Story' was something else, wasn't it? : )

Comforting to know that we're all just a blog away.

hugs!

moggie

 
At Aug 14, 2006, 6:44:00 PM , Blogger Pres said...

Thank you both...I never thought I would meet such great friends in the place called Blog.
Whisky, I would love to send you the original drawing for Bedtime story...as a thank you.I've sent Moggie a drawing as well....just love to share these things...life is too precious to keep to oneself.

A gazillion Hugs!!

Pickle

 
At Aug 14, 2006, 10:59:00 PM , Blogger Andrew McAllister said...

Your search for your husband in the middle of the night reminded me of the time we couldn't find our toddler son ... for some unfathomable reason he had wandered into his closet with a blanket and gone fast asleep. Talk about a panicky search for a while!

To Love, Honor and Dismay

 
At Aug 15, 2006, 4:22:00 PM , Blogger moggie said...

ello! it's me again, whisky. just wanted u to know that i didnt delete any of your comments in moggiesworld. it's pretty weird how that happened. things that make u go 'hmmmmm....'?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home