Whisky and Coke

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Daily ramblings of a dippy female....smile for me and I'll smile back.....love me and I'll love you back....make time for me and I'll make time for you. xxxxx

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Pictures In Practise!

Yesterday afternoon I made my mind up to ditch taking pictures on my mobile phone (the pink one) as it's pointless not being able to transfer them to the pc Ggggrrrrr....so I got out our old faithfull digital camera and toured the garden. We have some lovely flowers in bloom right now, and some wildlife as well! I took some pictures and will upload them. Probably today. Then Moggie can examine my practise shots and give me his verdict LOL.

I was a good girl last night and did some ironing, and cleaned the cooker. My Mum kindly attacked it while we were away and it was almost sparkling clean. Now that I can finally bend down properly I am determined to keep it at its shiny best :)

Next door's demolition work is still going on with avengeance. Like I said previously it is to be expected while their extension and loft conversion is going on. But I'm sure that he is taking out his stress whilst mashing things with a hammer. Lets give them nicknames. I think for her Miss Nosey is appropriate, as whenever we have visitors she comes out of the house for whatever reason she can find and looks to see who they are, where they have parked, what they are doing and how long they might stay. One of these days I might just hire a strippogram to shock her!

Lets call him Mr Strange....that just about sums him up. Anyway, their now non existant "lean to" at the back of their house was like ours used to be. Brick built to waist height, then glazed walls and ceiling. Most of his brickwork has been demolished using a lumphammer that at times I thought may knock the tiles off our kitchen wall. Now for the glass. Hubby and I discussed this quietly last night, as I am still in my horoscope someone's listening/watching week. I came up with a brilliant idea for disposing of the glass. Once removed, place a strong tape down the middle of each sheet, therefore halving the size. Score through with a glass cutter, snap gently, wear gloves and carry through the house and place in skip. Job done, no mess.

Mr Strange decided otherwise. Everything so far has had to be carted through their house and into the skip at the front. Why he didnt have the skip placed at the rear of the house I don't know, but that's just womens logic for you. Anyway.....we hear smashing glass.....and I dont mean just a little bit. Smashing as in lumphammer hitting glass and sending it everywhere, all over their patio, garden and inside the house. He then sweeps it up lightly and puts it in the skip.

With two small children and a dog would you have done this?! Glass everywhere, trailed all through the house, and in the direct path of the dog going outside to relieve itself! No.

My way, even huby admitted made complete sense. And I'm a woman who has never demolished anything at all. Apart from the odd chocolate bar ;)

My college friend is visiting on Friday morning. Yayyyyyy! We are both going to see Robbie, but on different days. We will have lots to catch up on so I'm looking forward to it, as I do with all of my friends visits.

Then, as hubby is off on Friday and Saturday only, we are going to get a new telly. And to look at and compare prices for our desired holiday destination. Two weeks of heaven. Sun Sea Sand, Sangrai and Seafood. While we are away, we will celebrate our 14th wedding anniversary. I'm sure a romantic meal maybe overlooking the harbour will be had. But no matter where we are, as long as we are together.....who cares!!

Anyway, another long blog from me. I have my writing head on this week.

Love to all
Hugs all round

Whisky

xxxxxx

1 Comments:

At Sep 9, 2006, 10:41:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting! Salutations.

Peace.

Dominic Ebacher
ebacherdom.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home