Whisky and Coke

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Daily ramblings of a dippy female....smile for me and I'll smile back.....love me and I'll love you back....make time for me and I'll make time for you. xxxxx

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Sleeping In Between Demolitions

You all should know me by now.....I'm a sleepaholic. A lot of it is to do with my Crohn's, which most of the time I don't like to admit to! A lot of it is to do with as I have now been off W888 for two years and two months I have got into a really bad habit of staying up late and watching tv shows, and getting up late. As you may have read the last week hubby was on freaky shifts and I had to stay a wake to wake him, pack him off to work, and wait for a text to say he had arrived safely. This week, his shifts although still slightly freaky, are a little more sleep friendly.

He is rising at 4.15am to go to work, and hopefully leaving work at around 2.30pm. So.....I go to bed at my usual late time, but am not so worried about huuby as he is getting more sleep.

Friday morning, after getting to bed at about 4am I was rudely awoken by next door having two skips delivered. I reiterate, I totally understand that this goes with the work they are having done.

Friday evening, Saturday evening, Sunday evening, and tonight the guy next door has been "working" from around 8pm until around 10pm. When I say working...I mean battering the living daylights out of anything in sight!

Sunday, I tried to have a nice, long, relaxing soak in the bath.....he starts hammering. Now remember, for the past two years, due to wounds and suchlike I haven't been able to lie in the bath or use bubble bath! I had to kneel, and use an antiseptic bath tonic they use in the hospital. SO now being at a stage where I can finally, comfortably and safely relax and LIE in a bath using lavendar, or eucalyptus, or cinnamon is a dream come true.

Even tonight....I settle in the bath, smothered in Dove creamy bath bubbles, about to lie down and relax.....bang bang bang....drill drill drill. OMG!!

During daylight all you hear is hammering, smashing, and their favourite saying "WHAT?!" They can't say Pardon, or Sorry? Or excuse me? Or Could you repeat that.....it's a permanent session of WHAT'S from him, then WHAT'S from her....Oh my, Manners are essential especially whilst bringing up young children.

It's bliss to visit Sis In Law and Mr Bleach and hear them correcting Little Miss Purple or Little Miss Pink ina such a well mannered way. Even my Mum has commented on that....so it has been noted.

One memory is of hubby "stealing" something from Little Miss Pink's dinner plate. Her daddy, Mr Bleach asked if she had eaten all of her meat/veg? Meaning hadn't she done well. She looked confused, looked at daddy, looked at hubby, and then said...."NO it was him" and pointed to hubby. A child that doesn't even fib about eating a pea!!

As yet we have no children....but believe me when we do it will be Sis In Law and Mr Bleach's advice, along with my parents that I will take. Not next door's.

I'm going to rename next door, as I can't remember the nicknames previouslt mentioned. They shall now be known as Mr What, Mrs What or The Whats.

They are still traipsing wheelbarrow loads of stuff all through the house, and yet again hubby and I wondered why they hadn't put the skips at the rear. It wouldn't intrude on anyones parking or anything. Blimey if they asked they could even put one outside our back gate if it made things easier for them!

Three weeks in, "outhouse" demolished. Glass broken, and the footings are slowly being dug.

When we had our extension, within three weeks we were up to waist height in blocks, bricks and making the final decisions on where to put windows and doors. I say finsl decisions. One day me and my Mum went out for a drive, and came back to find our kitchen window bricked and ready to be put in.

I did quickly mention, that one, I couldn't see out of it being only 5ft2" and two I wouldnt be able to open and close it. It was resolved and lowered within an hour, and I now have a perfect view of our back garden and can open and close the window!!

I just hope that they have put as much effort into planning theirs as they are into the manual labour Mr What is putting in to get it built.

I'm sure when it is completed it will be lovely! What else could Th What's come up with?

Countdown begins....approx two weeks and we are doggysitting Sam-uel Chucklebunny again...woooohooooo!

Three weeks and we are off to see Robbie Williams in concert. Sorry SIL.

Four and a bit weeks and we are off for a fortnight in the sun in Majorca.

So that mean in seven eight or nine weeks I will return to W***.

The panic is slowly setting in.

It's now ten minutes to one o clock am. My eyes are drooping, my brain is shutting down...but that's normal for me, it never really wakes up! ;)

Our new tv is now in situe in our "new" living room. It's huuuuuuuuge! Our new dvd/video combi is set up, but the instruction manuals are yet to be read. We just need to get our NTL box to work and we will be back in tv heaven! Supernatural non stop playing on the dvd....along with Tom, Mel, and any other popular actors on film.

We will be able to convert our treasured wedding video to dvd, along with our holiday video from three years ago, Hong Kong, Australia and Singapore. I can't wait to see my Pop on the big tv screen. I miss him so much. That's my grandad in Oz, along with my Aunt and lots of other relatives we visited and stayed with while we were over there.

I'm sorry.....I'm rambling again. But....the stat counter is shooting up no end, I'm over 3,000 visits now and thats in twelve months. I must be doing something right.

My love to all wherever you are in the world.

My hugs can reach for miles, and I always have enough to go round.

Thought for the day, What is the only vegetable you eat without cooking, frying or heating in any way?

The answer tomorrow.

Whisky

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home