Whisky and Coke

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Daily ramblings of a dippy female....smile for me and I'll smile back.....love me and I'll love you back....make time for me and I'll make time for you. xxxxx

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Poetry/Short Story Day

Don't ask me how I am today....five hours sleep = exhausted LOL.

So.....I decided to share with you some recently written words, dedicated to two special people on blogworld.

Moggie

Moggie, sleek and silvery grey
Eyes shine bright, tail flicks in anticipation
Something catches his attention
A butterfly, sitting on a drop of water, almost floating on the delicate petal of a beautiful flower, caught in the sunlight on a hazy day.
He pads to his supplies,
Strap around his neck, zoom lens after zoom lens attached to his camera.
Focus, zoom, accentuate the light.
This angle, that angle
This wing, that wing,
Which looks best?

Storm clouds closing in,
One single drop of rain,
Hitting the flower, it ripples and moved the petal,
Merges with the single drop of water and becomes a rivulet transparent in its journey.
The butterfly takes flight,
Dancing wings avoiding dalling rain.

Mogie looks to the sky in anger,
His shot now disappearing, or so he thinks.
Quickly he lifts his camera,
His claws retracted, his silky paws placed over the silverly button
In the blink of an eye his pad presses down.
The perfect shot
A butterfly dancing mid air
Heading towards a rainbow.

*********************************************************************************

Pickle

Pencil and paint in order
Blank paper waiting to be covered
A single thought crosses his mind "Dinner Time"
His stomach rumbles as he puts pencil to paper.
Amazingly adept paws drawing lines that at first mean nothing.
Features take shape,
Circles become eyes, triangles ears.
Simple lines become fur and whiskers.

His tail wags as he see's it taking shape
Through lines and colored patches
He creates, sound, movement and emotion.
Anticipation on the faces representing hunger and excitement.
You can almost hear the sound of food hitting te bowl all from one piece of paper.

He pauses, checking details adding words as he see's fit.
The once blank sheet of paper now full of magic.
He signs his name
Wags his tail and smiles an inner smile.
Picture complete.
Tummy rumbling, tail still wagging he pads gently accross the floor.
Eats his food, quick drink, time for sleep.

All this time Pickles owner was watching silently.
Amazed at paws moving and tails wagging.
Amazed that the dogs face seems to smile even in his sleep.
"Time to wake up Pickle, it's Dinner Time".
He puts down his coloured pencil and takes Pickle's face in his hands.
"Love you Pickle" he says "Look what I've drawn for you"
The dog looks at the paper

Just seing the food bowl makes his stomach rumble.
He wags his tail and pads gently accross the floor and eats his food.
It's amazing how real a dogs dream can be!

********************************************************************************

Three become One

Three different beginnings
Three different lifestyles
Three different outlooks
Three different goals

Three people passing
Three blogs appear
Three different stories
Three different souls

One draws on paper
One snaps the world
One gives hugs freely
One slowly forming mould

One click we meet each other
One word and we were firends
One goes the others miss them
One on a long and lonely road

One broken darned computer,
One holiday to be had,
One goes but not forgotten
One hello they return to the fold.

Three clicks, their friendship bonded
Three days, three weeks, three years
Three drawings, three pictures, three hugs
Three eternitites of friendship old

Three plus three plus three is nine
One plus one plus one is three
Three divided soon become one
Three united souls

Each drawing represents a thought
Each picture a memory
Each hug can soon be multiplied
Until it becomes tenfold

Three friends,three people
One wish each makes three
My wish a secret but I'll share
I hope our friendship lasts until we're old.

**********************************************************************************

I hope you enjoyed reading my writing as much as I enjoyed writing it.

Two special people with two special talents.

I think I must do some more writing, and choose some other people from my life to base them on. Sis In Law......I feel a poem for you coming on!!

Hugs for all as always

Love

Whisky

xxxxxx

3 Comments:

At Aug 21, 2006, 4:20:00 AM , Blogger Pres said...

whisky , this beautiful.......

Thank you.

one word...Kismet.

-Pickle

 
At Aug 21, 2006, 12:28:00 PM , Blogger moggie said...

i'm at a lost for words...Again.

whisky, that was Beautiful! from the bottom of my furry heart...Thank You.

pickle couldn't have put it better...Kismet.

Hugs!

moggie

 
At Aug 22, 2006, 12:11:00 AM , Blogger Whisky said...

I'll admit I had to look this up!

Kismet - Fate; fortune.

Fate that we met, and furtunate to know each other :)

Not often I leave myself a comment, but quite often I talk to myself ;)

Hugs

Whisky
xxxxxxx

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home