Whisky and Coke

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Daily ramblings of a dippy female....smile for me and I'll smile back.....love me and I'll love you back....make time for me and I'll make time for you. xxxxx

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Do Not Bend!!

Firstly, the answer to the vegetable question...as in which vegetable do we never eat cooked, boiled or steamed...which yesterday I worded incorrectly, was LETTUCE.
It's the only veg you cannot cook, apart from in a soggy burger LOL.

I received a very special parcel today....handed to me by a postoman who had a smile on his face, maybe he was wondering what was inside!

It had very strict instructions on it, handle with care, and do not bend.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Doggy ornaments added to protect people's privacy :)

I waited, and waited, and waited patiently for hubby to gave home. I was determined not to open it until he was here to take piccies for me. In the end I went out just to avoid temptation. Popped to Tesco for petrol, and went to see my Mum and Dad.

I got home, read a magazine, and lay down on the sofa....still determined not to open it.

Yayyyyyy! hubby's home. He hadn't even had time to stir his coffee before I asked him to take some pictures, including one of me holding my treasured gift.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting isn't it gorgeous!! It looks sooooo much better in "real life".

Now I don't do this often, but here is a very rare picture of me, holding Pickle's picture. I do have to add at this point, the "lump" on my eyebrow is a mole and not a spot or a cyst as some people think. It is one of my many flaws, but it makes me, me.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thankyou Pickle!....words can't explain how much this treasured peice of art means to me. It will soon be in pride of place in my "new" living room. I thought it only right that a picture about meeting people, should be in a room in my house where I meet people :) From the heart THANKYOU!!

Now for Moggie......a sample of one of my photo's. There may be more to come as I have finally uploaded them from my camera, not my pink phone :(

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting A poppy that was recently in bloom in my garden.

Moggie, marks out of ten please, for a beginner without the right sort of equipment if you know what I mean, as in only a basic digital camera.

Holli has some amazing black and white pictures on her blog. For a self portrait theme. She mentioned how proud she is of her eyebrows....so I thought I would join in and show off mine. Eyebrows that is. So Holli, let me know your verdict.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Hehehehe! bit of a close up isn't it LOL....maybe I'll re do it.

The "Whats" are still on form, but they have been quiet today! Maybe because it's rained all day, or maybe because I happened to bump into Mrs What yesterday. She had popped round at 9am to check if it was ok for a lorry or two to park outside our house. I said it was fine, and I think she guessed she had woken me up by my grogginess and the fact I still had my eyemask on my head. I had only got to sleep at 5am due to mozzie infestation and then worrying about hubby getting up again. Anyway, I saw her later in the day and she was very apologetic. I told her not to worry as she wasn't to know that hubby was working shifts and had been going to bed at 8pm Hint Hint about Mr What banging until 10pm. She did say that she had noticed he had been away a lot. See my previous nickname for her of Mrs Nosey was quite accurate LOL.

I asked her how her dog was, as it had been poorly recently. The poor thing has been diagnosed with epilepsy! Bless him, he doesn't even recognise that they are there comforting him during and after his fits. His medication is constantly being altered to try and stop them, and I hope that he is soon better!! I did offer to babysit if ever they needed my help. She asked if I meant the children or the dog. I said without thinking, I don't do children.....only doggies LOL.

Well I do babysit children, but not hers! Only family kids.

I must put someting right as it has been playing on my mind. In a previous post I complimented Sis In Law and Mr Bleach on their parenting skills. I must also mention that I have two other Sister's In Law. One of who's children aren't really at the telling off age just yet, and the other, who has three boys. I must add that if ever the boys need correcting for anything, they are taken aside and it is done quietly......that I also think is admirable.

It was worrying me as I know one of my other Sister In Laws has in the past read the blog, and I didn't want to imply she wasn't isn't a good mother. She is! and so is her hubby :)

Anyway I must dash.
The new sofa, and my furry cushons, who I have named Fred and Barney, are calling. Remind me to tell you the story of my neighbour opposite and why I now have to draw the curtains in our living room at night. Remember it used to be our dining room and wasn't used much. But that is another story for another day.......

And, I haven't forgotten my poetry either, tonight is going to be a bad night on tv, so I feel either exhaustion induced sleep coming on, or pen hitting paper with a poetry dedication.....Sis In Law....Mr Bleach.... Clever Crafting Friend.....Navie Wifey......hubby, you'd better all be prepared. But you know me, I'm always nice ;)

Love and hugs to all........especially Pickle, his owner and his owner's wife for my treasure parcel!

Catch you tomorrow!!

Whisky

xxxxxxx

1 Comments:

At Aug 30, 2006, 12:00:00 PM , Blogger moggie said...

yaaay! your parcel has arrived, whisky! Thanks for sharing your 'moment' with us. it's amazing isn't it, checking out pickle's blog so often...then you're actually holding one of his amazing works in your hand.

i'm afraid i cant comment on the photos you posted in your blog, whisky. as cliche as it may sound, i'm one of those who actually believe that beauty IS in the eye of the beholder. but i WILL say this, PLS keep posting more photos...it's great.

p/s thanks for sharing a photo of yourself in your blog... you are as pretty on the 'outside' as you are on the 'inside'. : )

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home