Whisky and Coke

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Daily ramblings of a dippy female....smile for me and I'll smile back.....love me and I'll love you back....make time for me and I'll make time for you. xxxxx

Sunday, September 17, 2006

The Final Countdown!

Less than 24 hours to go now. Thankfully hubby has sidetracked me, and we have been chatting more about the holiday than THE concert. I'm trying to work out what to travel in, what to pack, what we will need to shop for as soon as we arrive. What time our flights are etc etc etc.

But then I step back and think.....hang on a minute, before we go away we are going to see Robbie!! Then I get all nervous. We will be somewhere in amongst a crownd of 60 odd thousand people! Remember me blogging about my panic attack when we went to see Michael Flatley in Manchester! How the devil will I cope with crownds this big?! By sheer determination to see, and get as close as possible to the man himself, that's how.

Rewind......Thursday as I mentioned, Mum and Dad cam round, then my college buddy (lets call her The Literary Girl as she is doing a degree in english literature), anyway, The Literary Girl came and collected me and we drove to her soon to be converted barn. On our journey there we caught up on the last few weeks. And of course talked about Robbie. Hubby and I are going on Monday and she is going on Tuesday. She is a veteran concert goer, so she was giving me handy hints and tips for our day. We arrived at the barn, which she had instilled in me would be a terrible sight. I was immediatly enchanted by it! Its a grade 2 listed building built in the 1800's and it just oozes character and atmosphere. Her hubby was there and he described how the original layout was when it was a working barn. Laundry area, which to me looked like a well. A huuuuge fireplace. A baking oven. Hooks for hanging and curing meat. Stable doors for horses, and a dropped floor where there used to be a feeding trough for the horses too. Outside he showed me the original pig pen, and the gorgeous round windows right in the eaves of either end of the barn. He told me how they were owl holes. There was of course a higher floor, this was scattered with hay and grain to encourage the owls to come in, nest, feed a little and of course catch any rodents that might be trying to eat the horses feed. Brilliant idea.

He showed me the plans, and his current works. He has been removing mud mortar from the walls by hand, and replacing it with a more modern mortar. Soon they will be able to remove the old roof and replace it. But only once they are sure the mortar will hold the walls up!!

I was for some reason drawn to the fireplace. I didn't tell literary girl, but when I first entered I felt as if someone was watching me from there. Strange!

We left her hubby slaving away and returned to her home. I have never been so it was an insight for me, after eighteen years to see where she lived.

It was like walking into my own house!!! Masks, beautiful masks on the walls, a clanger toy, like me, a Gizmo/Gremlin toy, like me.....strange how similar we are.

One thing she had which I was soooo jealous of was a multitude of autographs. Dame Judi Dench, Christian Slater, Kenneth Brannagh, Anthony Hopkins.........so many. Then we went up to her pc and she showed me her holiday pictures, and scattered in amongst them were piccies of her with most of the people she had autographs from!!! Along with Paul Young, a good friend of hers, Mark Owen, Jason Orange, Howard, all from Take That. David Sneddon, Christian Slater, loads of her with Judie Dench, and Ian Mcellan. My friend was snapped sitting on a set of steps with Ian Mcellan!!!

I realised just hoe sheltered a life I have been leading, and how dedicated she is to both musicians, and actors.

We left to come home, and of course got stuck in traffic jams. But as always we just chatted away. 18 years on and we still can talk like washer women!! Literary Girl if you read this. Love you!

Friday and I got up early. I lazed on the sofa reading the paper and generally daydreamed.

Clever Crafting Friend (CCF) came to visit me. She brought her lap top with her and showed me some beautiful pictures of her recent holiday to Dorset. The scenery looks amazing....and I'm thinking of adding it to my list of destinations in the UK to visit with hubby. Although I'm not sure I would be up to all of the walking that CCF did!. Speaking of walking. CCF is doing a charity walk to raise money for Cancer research. During the week, once I have checked a few things out, I will add the link for anyone who wishes to make a donation to her sponsorship. Every penny counts.

I was brave enough to show her my T and she thought it was very tasteful. Right on cue hubby came home and she saw his too. Approval all round, but she did comment how brave we must have been. Naaah! Just a bit demented hehehehehehe!

All in all it was another lovely visit. SHe is still looking well, and as always offered support in the form of making me rethink my options. If things don't work out well at W***. I may well take her advice and set up something from home. I am determined to write my book. I now have what I think is THE right idea for a story. I have already started my research and it is going well. There are people I know that I'm sure will be willing to spare me an hour or two to offer me their professional advice. And of course my Literary Girl has been approved as proof reader. Who better than a lady with letters after her name to read my book.

Yesterday (saturday) we went over to Sis In Law's and Mr Bleach's. It was originally to colect two folding chairs to borrow for the Robbie concert, but just as we are leaving and about to put them in the boot of hubby' car, he announces we aren't aloud to take them into the arena!!! Ggggrrrrr. Sis In Law had put them in the bags as well!

The dvd I had frantically recorded for SIL didn't work on her dvd player double Ggggggrrrrr. But I WILL find a way around it.

We had a lovely roast lamb dinner, and Little Miss Pink and Little Miss Purple even tried some of their daddy's special potatoes. We had a dancing show, and a lazy session looking at holiday photo's. It was a lovely comfy atmosphere. The girls snuggled and "ooohed and ahhhhed" at the pictures and we sat and reminisced about christmasses gone by.

I didn't tell SIL this, but while she was picking the gang up from the pub, and I was peeling and chopping carrots, Robbie's new single came on the German radio station. I downed my peeler and turned up the volume, and danced away to Rudebox as I contunued peeling. It wasn't too loud honest!!!

Bed time stories were read, we had a bit of an adult chat.....and I got some advice from Mr Bleach about hubby's xmas present :) Well chuffed as I was waiting for the opportunity.

We left, I drove hubbies car home with Robbie blaring.

I got up this morning, weary eyed, and it sunk in. Tomorrow Robbie, a few days later a fortnights well deserved holida, hopefully in the sun. On my return, I will be gradually weaning myself back into W***. Is my life slowly returning to normal?!

I'm now three steps up my ladder. I know that at any time I could come accross a snake and have to slide all the way back down again. But you know me. Pick myself up, dust myself off and start all over again.

I'm determined this time to reach the fourth, fifth, sixth step.....and who knows. I may make it all the way to the top. If I do give me a wave.......and I'll send you a signed copy of my book ;)

Lots of love and hugs as always

Whisky (Who wont be blogging tomorrow as she will be at a "certain" concert)

xxxxxxxxx

1 Comments:

At Sep 18, 2006, 2:40:00 PM , Blogger moggie said...

what concert would that be, i wonder? ; )

hope you have a great time at the concert, whisky. if you manage to sneak in a camera, post the pics! : )

hugs!

moggie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home