Whisky and Coke

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Daily ramblings of a dippy female....smile for me and I'll smile back.....love me and I'll love you back....make time for me and I'll make time for you. xxxxx

Thursday, September 21, 2006

So Much To Do So Little Time!

I was a good girl last night and was in bed by eleven pm....that's brill for me. I can't remember falling asleep so it must have been quick. Now here's where I start singing the twighlight zone theme tune. At approx 2.30am I woke up desperate to visit the little girls room. I opened the door (remember I sleep in the spare room due to hubby's snoring) and at exactle the same time hubby opens his door!!! So being the dutiful wife, I used the downstairs toilet and he went upstairs. I wonder how we both woke up at exactly the same time to do exactly the same thing!!!!

I didn't mention this yesterday, as I wanted to make sure where I stood before I mentioned it. As you know I have been in contact with w*** (work), discussing arranging a meeting with a view to setting a date for me to return. It was agreed that I should see the occupational health doctor that came out to visit me approx two years ago to assess my situation. I must add here, that he was a lovely man, very sincere about my condition, and wrote an amazing letter to work detailing what I had been through over the last ten or so years. Anyway his assistant called and left a message as I was still in bed. I returned her call and she said she was instructed to make an appointment for me to see the doctor.

I said that the date needed to fit in with hubby's work comittments as he was going to drive me there, and sit in on the assesment with me. I have made no mention to work, or to the assistant about my holiday as I wasn't sure it would go down well. When an appointment on Monday was offered, I fibbed and said that hubby had an intense training session for two weeks. Scared whitless about mentioning my holiday in case it meant instant dismissal or something, even though it was my surgeon who suggested it would aid my recuperation and my integration back into "being with people".

She then proceeded to, in a condescending tone, advise me that she had been told I wanted to return to w*** as soon as possible. I wasn't quick enough to point out that I hadn't said that, that I had said I wanted to "make arrangements" to return. I reiterated that it wasn't feasible for me to get there on my own, which it isn't and that I wanted hubby with me for support. She again TOLD me that I wanted to return to work as soon as possible. I just reiterated that a date later in the month would be better. Finally we agreed on the Thursday after I have returned from holiday.

Of course then I panicked. Hubby rang me later in the day to say he was on his way home from work, and I promptly reduced myself to hysterics, worried I was going to be sacked, that I had lied etc etc etc.

He reminded me that I had only said I wanted to arrange a meeting blah blah blah and that he would talk to me when he got home and we could do some research on the web.

We did just that and I found a site called The Disability Rights Comission. I took the relevant number and rang them today.

I spoke to a lovely man. Told him the complete situation and waited worriedly for his reply. He advised me that as my surgeon has said it is recuperation, it is classed as medication. Work cannot question it, neither can the occupational health and neither can the dss. He told me to stop worrying and get on with my packing! I was sooooo relieved. I even took his name and work address and promised to send him a postcard, which I will do.

So.........sticking tongue out to relevant people......if I am questioned about anything, even why I did not declare anything about the holiday, I am covered. Yay for my surgeon, and Yay for the disability rights comission.

Anyway.....so far I have packed my medication, tonnes of it, and my dressings, copious amounts. I have tried on all of my new argain bikini tops bought for me by hubby, most of them 50 pence a time I might add. Cut off all labels. Sorted tops to match my bikini tops, shorts to match my tops, alternative dressy tops for posh nighhts out (I wish), shoes that will go with everything I plan to wear. Night wear including a lovely t shirt donated to me by Sis In Law along with a pair of lilac sport trousers for in case it's chilly in the evenings. All I have left to do is toiletries, netty knickers (bummer), hairbrush etc. And of course last minute jobs like toe nail painting, defuzzing my legs with my newly aquired epilator, which doesn't hurt like I thought it would. A last minute eyebrow pluck. Oh and of course try to fit it all into the suitcases!!!

My Mum came round today and helped me with the last minute ironing, and a white jacket that hubby has dug out of the depths of his wardrobe. It must be well over twelve years old.....but no he HAS to take it on holiday. I had washed it three times and it still looked a creamy colour, even using glo white!!

Magic Mum to the rescue......it's now gleaming white and as good as new.....I just hope after all of this effort it still fits him!!! If it doesn't he's in deep doo dah!!

Also, as previously promised, here is the picture of my Mum in her "wedding outfit" on National Wear A Wedding Dress Day. Raising money for our local Myton Hospice building to be built. It has been mentioned in local papers, in the Take A Break Magazine and even, no word of a lie, on Japanese television. Mum's friend also in the picture has a daughter who lives and works in Japan. She works for a tv station, and when she mentioned what her Mum had done they did no more than do a feature on it mentioning her Mum and my Mum and saying Japan should participate next year!!! Here is the evidence.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Two brides raising money for a well deserved charity.

My coffee rush is now nearly over, I must go and........well find something to do :)

Hugs for all.....especially my Mum who I am sooooooo proud of, and my Dad too.

Whisky

xxxxx

2 Comments:

At Sep 22, 2006, 3:02:00 AM , Blogger LadyHawk said...

Have a great great holiday, Whisky. Don't worry about w*** .. memories created during a holiday is priceless. Hugs.

 
At Sep 22, 2006, 5:02:00 AM , Blogger Anthony said...

Hi Whiskey! Just visiting your blog for the first time. I found it through Country Girl's blog (that's Sandra from Texas, USA- she's married to my cousin!). I will visit again often- looks like you have lots of interesting stuff here!
-- Anthony from Los Angeles!
p.s. wonderful 9/11 post you had. thank you soo much for posting that and sharing your thoughts.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home