Whisky and Coke

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Daily ramblings of a dippy female....smile for me and I'll smile back.....love me and I'll love you back....make time for me and I'll make time for you. xxxxx

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Scared Whisky Taking Over!!

Tomorrow is the big day. The day I meet with the Occupational Health Doctor I saw two years ago. He was sent out by W*** to assess if I was genuinely ill. The letter he sent to W*** after his visit amazed me. He was totally on my side, telling them to remember what I had been through over the last ten years, which at that point included over 20 operations. I wonder if his next letter to them might say over 30!

As you know from my pre holiday post, I have mentioned to no one, anything about the holiday (oooooooh baaaaad grammar). I wanted to make sure where I stood first with the disability rights commission. I am well prepared to answer him tomorrow with the advise given to me by them, and my surgeon if need be. I think those who know me personally, if you have seen me since my return will see the difference in me from before my holiday and now.

I was paranoid in the second week....being restricted on weight for luggage I tried every item of clothing on that I was taking with me. What's the point of packing a pair of shorts if they don't fit. And having three wardrobe sizes in one wardrobe doesn't help! There's the really poorly Whisky stuff....size 10. The poorly but ok Whisky stuff, size 12. The doing ok Whisky size 14....and the Oh No you need to lose weight Whisky stuff, bigger size 14 and the odd size 16 jeans to accomodate my bag. Anyway, it was mainly size 12 items that were packed. On the second week one item I out on that fit before we left, no longer fitted. I had to go out with the zip and buttons undone....knowing the length of my tee shirt covered my dignity!!

I was sure I had gone up by at least half a stone!!! I weighed myself the other night....no weigh gained at all!! Then I twigged. While we were away I drank tonnes of water.....and I don't normally do that. I hate water! If I had a milky coffee, I had a glass of water afterwards....when we got back from a walk or lie on the beach, another glass of water, afternoon milky coffee, glass of water....back from our evening meal, glass of water and another before I went to bed with my Whisky. I guess it's all water retention as my body isn't used to that amount of water! I'm still peeing for England now!!

So...no weight gained PHEW!!

Now here's for the upsides of the holiday. For the whole duration except naps, sleeps and sunbathing (which I dont do as much of as hubby as I am fair skinned) I was SAT all of the time. This is the girl that six months ago couldn't sit at all. Breakthrough number one.

When we arrived in Majorca I was still wearing two dressings. Third day of holiday I dropped down to ONE!!! Breakthrough number two!

Again when we arrived, I had dark circles under my eyes. Due, no doubt, to my terrible sleeping pattern. I've looked at all of the pictures we took.....no dark circles! and too boot....my old whisky sparkly eyes are back!! Breakthrough number three.

My legs are stronger, and my back, although it gave way for three days while we were away is now used to supporting my weight sitting. Breakthroughs three and four.

Now I need a drumroll!!!!..........................

The woman who has been proud to wear, and admit she wears net knickers to hold her dressings correctly.............is now no lo0nger having to wear net knickers!!! Woooohooooo!!! I can finally wear my Sloggi's and Playtex big knickers. (They have to be the big ones for my bag). And my final dressing, which I know I can soon wean myself off rests just nicely...no netties needed. Breakthrough five!!!

That's the evidence I can tell to the Doctor tomorrow. And that's the evidence I can thank Mr R my surgeon with in November, as long as I keep going up the ladder rather than down. It's thanks to him, Hubby, my family and my friends that I'm here. It's thanks to Mr R that I went on holiday and made so much progress....and yes I did send him a postcard.

Why am I scared about tomorrow?! Because I know it could all be thrown back in my face. If I think negatively, and the positive happens it's a bonus. SO what if I get sacked, and I have to stay at home writing my book and doing my Avon. So what. I'll still be me! As for the book.............sooooo many ideas while we were away. Hubby now knows the storyline and even helped me come up with the title....I just need to check copyrights and stuff on it. You guys have probably guessed my idea?! What else could a woman who loves writing and music write about?! You guessed it. Music and murder!!! Those of you who know me will be aware that I have been saying this for years. I've got an idea, I will write it. Well although those Ideas were good, and I still may use them. They weren't THE right one for me to start with. One pice of advise I was given was write about what you know. Music, singin, being in a band I KNOW about. I have friends I can turn to for some of the research. I've got this in the bag guys. Look out for me competing with Stephen King, and Patricia Cornwell for the number one spot in a couple of years.......but promise me you'll read the dedications........they might take up most of the book!!!!!!

Anyway..........more rambling from the Robbie fan. Tonight I probably won't sleep. I'll have nightmares about seing this doctor tomorrow. But the night after that is another night :)

Wish me luck.

Lots of love and hugssssssssssssssssssssss

Whisky

xxxxxxxx

5 Comments:

At Oct 11, 2006, 12:56:00 PM , Blogger LadyHawk said...

You have my respect for the way you have taken a hold of your medical problems and come up on top . and you WILL keep going up the ladder, Whisky 'cos there are too many of us here pushing and pulling you up. You will do alright when you meet the Doc. You have done well and improved lots on your holiday and nothing is going to set you back. As you said "So what!" What's the worst that can happen, anyway .. and if the worst does happen ... "So What!". Loads of huggz, Whisky and tell you the good news tomorrow.

LadyHawk

 
At Oct 11, 2006, 12:59:00 PM , Blogger LadyHawk said...

Oops .. I mean tell US the good news tomorrow.

 
At Oct 11, 2006, 3:12:00 PM , Blogger moggie said...

hey, 'world no.1 robbie fan'!

ladyhawk couldn't have put it better. our thoughts and prayers are with you, whisky. update us with the good news soon.

tons of hugs!

moggie

 
At Oct 12, 2006, 8:26:00 AM , Blogger Divemuster said...

Hi Whisky,

Just a short note to thank you for the hugs and wishes you left in moggiesworld.

Best wishes for you too as we hold you in our thoughts and prayers...

Cheers!
Divemuster

 
At Oct 13, 2006, 6:57:00 AM , Blogger Sandra said...

Hi Whisky!! Hang in there!!! You are in my thoughts and prayers way over here in Texas! I only wish the best for you! You are a SUPER FANTASTIC person!!! And sooo darn sweet and so very kind to others!!

Wishing you well always!!

A million and one HUGS go out to you from Texas!!

Sandra

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home