Whisky and Coke

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Daily ramblings of a dippy female....smile for me and I'll smile back.....love me and I'll love you back....make time for me and I'll make time for you. xxxxx

Friday, October 27, 2006

The Writer In Me Has The Itch!

Holli, I know it seems as if either you have a stalker, or I'm trying to "keep up with the Jones's", or even just downright copying you. Honestly, honestly from the heart THIS wasn't planned.

Last Thursday Mum and I noticed bird seed in little patches within the pattern of the living room carpet. We just thought that the last time I had cleaned out the birds cage some seed had been spilt, or that Snoopy had had a mad flap and flipped the seed four feet out of his cage? So, we vacuumed it up, thoroughly.

Anyway, last night when I got home, as I had been out to watch a barbershop choir rehearsal, knowing that Mum and I were going to check again today, I decided to have a quick peek before I went to bed. I wish I hadn't. Not only was hubby away for the night.....that's bad enough, but, yes you've guessed it, more bird seed. Embedded in the carpet pattern, a pile under the computer desk, alongside the computer desk, and two more piles just by the patio door. Now snoopy has got some wind distribution when he flaps, but not enough to get seed to completely the other side of the room, and under furniture to boot!

The most annoying thing, a lovely wooden ornament that was hand made for me as a leaving present from an old job had been destroyed. It was a wooden circular plate covered in seeds, nuts, acorns, and various shelled items and pine cones. Damn me if the little blighters hadn't chewed off the varnish and glue that covered it, and had the cheek to leave it in lovely little separate piles, but they had also eaten most of the seeds and nuts! Effing things.

I've briefed hubby via the mobile as he travels down or up (I don't know which)the motorway on his way home. He's not a happy bunny. No more DIY attempts with B&Q bought poison in pathetic little white trays. This time the big guns are out. I'm sending for Holli! No I'm sending for the council. They come out, assess the situation and place poison down in various places.

Cut to hubby coming home and big hugs all round. Blog resumed next day.

Anyway.....after showing hubby the evidence he has decided to tackle it himself after all. I know there's more than one.....and we will countdown each and every furry nut eating blighter. Sammy is coming on Sunday and staying until Tuesday. I will reiterate here that him and Snoopy do not get on. Therefore he is not allowed access to the room in which the mice are, or indeed where they will be poisoned.

Also, Snoopy is a "cage bird", cockatiels are renowned for their friendly temperament and easily hand tamed. He has the friendly temperament, but seems to have lost the skill to be hand tamed. Whenever, in the past, we let him fly freely around the room he loved it! He would land on the arms of the sofa or chairs and take sunflower seeds from your hand or mouth willingly. He adored it when we had spaghetti bolognese and would perch on hubby's plate and watch him eat. I think he thought hubby was eating a plate of worms!! But. When it came to getting him back into his cage we tried everything. He wouldn't come onto your hand or fingers and he wouldn't fly or walk back in himself. We had to resort to towel catching.......and I didn't agree that this was right. Not only did it stress poor Snoopy out, but it risked injuring him. So unfortunately he isn't allowed out anymore. Therefore he wont be able to gain access to said poison either.

No animals (apart from blooming mice) will be harmed in this process. That's a bit of a hypocritical statement isn't it.

Back to the main title of the blog. I have a meeting on Tuesday at 9am with w*** (work). Hopefully we will reach an amicable agreement for both sides with a plan for a phased return. Strictly part time as the doctor ordered. I have made a list of things to do before I return. Sort wardrobes and drawers, alphabetically arrange all cd's and dvd's. Sort through ancient casette tapes and clear some out. CLear out my hordes of tubes and jars of creams and bath oils from the bathroom cabinet, work out which ones I will use and throw away any opened ones.

Then I thought......once I'm back at w***, I will of course still be doing my Avon which will use up all of three quarters of an hour three times a week, plus an hour to sort and deliver my orders. I want to se the rest of my time constructively.

I AM going to write my book.

No more sitting here in the conservatory, on the sofa, surfing and e baying for hours on end, drinking endless cans of coke, and smoking copious amounts of cigarettes. I'm going to create myself a workstation and WORK.

I popped out to Tesco yesterday and bought myself a small notebook - to carry in handbag to make notes of ideas I have on the go. A large sectioned notebook for character analysis, storyline, plot etc, and a concertina folder for newspaper cuttings, loose notes and photographs etc. All of the above supplies being either pink or purple OF COURSE.

I came home, sat and had a sip of coke and a cigarette, and had my brain wave. The little bedroom has a lovely working space. It's supposed to be a dressing table, but all that was on it was a beautiful chinese tissue box, a jewellery mannequin, and a photgraph frame. All of which have now been found new homes in the room.

Next to the dressing table, which has a convenient knee space for sitting at, is a power socket. I have a wireless connection card for my laptop. The furniture for the big bedroom, part assembled, includes a chair. I have asked hubby to assemble this chair. I can then have a complete and comfortable working space to WRITE MY BOOK!!!!.

Hopefully the chair will be assembled tonight or tomorrow, and then Sunday or Monday I can lay out my needed items. Note books, folder, pens, highlighters, pencils, laptop and wireless card. Behind me I will have the tv and dvd player to play the sows I have recorded which will help me with my reference, and I'll be off.

Head down for at least an hour a day if not more. No more writers block. If I can write this much on my blog.........I can write my novel.

This is my new years resolution, well end of October beginning of November resolution. It will be completed. My college buddy has agreed to proof read for me. Then it will be placed in endless brown envelopes and sent to endless publishers for refusal......I will persevere until I find the right publisher, if not.....I'll take out a loan and oublish the darned thing myself. Anyone want to buy a copy?

Phew...............ramble galore today.

For now, peace and love for all.......except the mouses in my house. (I know that is incorrect, but for literary purposes it sounded good).

Hugssssssssssssssssss

Whisky

xxxxxxxx

Labels:

1 Comments:

At Oct 30, 2006, 2:20:00 PM , Blogger moggie said...

a book?.....put me down for one, whisky! : )

hugs!!!

moggie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home