Whisky and Coke

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Daily ramblings of a dippy female....smile for me and I'll smile back.....love me and I'll love you back....make time for me and I'll make time for you. xxxxx

Monday, November 06, 2006

Ask Me A Question, Any Question! G-Rated Only

I've been asking myself quite a few questions lately, so I decided to do an open question forum for any readers out there. No matter how obscure, or how silly they may seem, as long as they are G-rated (as in child friendly) I will answer them honestly. So it's over to you. What's the betting I get no questions at all!!!

Yesterday was a strange day. One minute bright sunshine and wonderfully warm, the next dark and f f freezing! I had a lovely soak in the bath listening to Robbie Williams of course. (Makes mental note to remember to do something with this cd), and then came downstairs in winter pj's and slipper socks. I wandered into the living room, set down the portable tape,cd,radio thingy, and decided to listen to some of my old tapes.

I found one where I won 75 pounds on a radio station, and numerous "demo" tapes from when I was younger. It really made me think that if only I had guaranteed health, I could be singing with a band two or three nights a week, and loving every minute of it like I used to when I was 20 years old. There was one tape I couldn't find anywhere though. Why is it whenever you look for one specific thing you find everything but! It's a treasured tape I made whilst at college. There was a young girl on the music course there, and we had hooked up together due to our love of musicals. We had wortten our own musical. Presented the script to the director of the college and he had given us the go ahead to put it on at the college using all of their facilities including the college students and the stage area!

We were soooo pleased. Then we got back to college on Monday, ready to ask certian people to play certain parts.....and the theatre had been burnt down!!

Anyway....during our writing process we had been to a friends recording studio and "layed down" (musical speak for recording), three of the songs from the musical. I so wanted to listen to this last night. I was even going to try and find a way to get it onto cd, and therefore get it onto the pc and maybe the blog for people to listen to. Could I find it......could I butter.

I'll have to ask Mum and Dad, as I'm sure they have a copy, along with a copy of the second set of the band performing that I don't have. Maybe I can reduce you to a blubbering wreck with my singing talents yet!!!

Anyone here local to me have a band, or a recording studio, where i can join in, or even record some stuff?

I might even audition for next years X factor!!! Wooohooo.....not even through the first audition, that would be me LOL.

I sat and read some of the Robbie book that college buddy has lent me, and then decided at eleven pm that I wanted to go to bed. Yes, eleven pm. Not two am, or three am. But eleven PM!! Unusual for me.

SIL, Mum says yes to meeting at McDonalds as long as the times correspond!

I got up this morning, ate my toast and read the paper, hubby then showed me a new offer from NTL which means I could get a new phone. It does video, pictures, 300 free minutes, and 300 free texts, it also has a memory card which means I should be able to get the pictures and the video onto the pc. Wooohoooo!!!

Not only that, but guess what.......it's PINK!!!!

But hubby has to analyse this before we get the go ahead. We may be chaging from NTL to Tiscali, or Orange, or some other telephone providor, As NTL are putting up their price per minute cists dramatically. Strange how new customers get free weekend calls, but people who have been with them for nearly thirteen years don't!!

As we walked into the kitchen hubby noticed that one of my hair bands had broken! Panicccccc. My braid hairstyle was at risk of being ruined!!! Panicccccc. He put my finger on which one it was, I frantically rummaged through one of my pink purses, found 2 new bands that the lady had given me, and replaced them pretty darned quickly. Hairdo rescued thank goodness.......for now!

I'm still waiting to hear back from my hairdresser as to whether she can do braiding, or if someone she knows can, and how much it might cost. I know that over here a full head braid can cost up to ninety pounds. I only had a half braid in SPain,and it only cost me eleven pounds...so I'm looking for somewhere near that figure. It's neat and tidy, easy to wash, and it keeps my hair off my face....and it's different. If I go to the local shops, or even while I'm doing my Avon I get a second glance from people and then a smile. Not a sarcastic or Oh my goodness smile, but a, that looks nice smile :)

ANyway I'm rambling again. I think pre work noerves are kicking in!

I'll leave you ine peace.

Remember to send me those questions in the comments section......please!!!

Love and hugs

Whisky

xxxxxx

Labels:

4 Comments:

At Nov 6, 2006, 3:10:00 PM , Blogger moggie said...

here, lemme start the balling rolling for you, whisky. 2 questions.

1. if you had an opportunity to visit any country in the world (all expense paid trip!) and had to pick just one. which country would you choose... and why.

2. what would you name your band. (and you Can't say Robbie!)

hugs!

moggie

 
At Nov 6, 2006, 3:46:00 PM , Blogger Whisky said...

Woooohooooo!

Thanks Moggie :)

I've started a word document, copied questions and typed my answers. Once I have a few I will post them onto the blog.

Some interesting answers methinks. But more importantly, some interesting questions!!!

Hugs

Whisky

xxxxx

 
At Nov 7, 2006, 5:00:00 AM , Blogger LadyHawk said...

Have you ever, at any time through your medical challenges, felt like just giving up and, if so, how did you get yourself out of that frame of mind.

 
At Nov 14, 2006, 8:23:00 PM , Blogger hollibobolli said...

This is a two-part question:

Is there any part of your personality that you didn't like, that has positively evolved because of your medical trials and tribulations?

And on the flip side - is there any part of your personality that has changed for the negative?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home