Whisky and Coke

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Daily ramblings of a dippy female....smile for me and I'll smile back.....love me and I'll love you back....make time for me and I'll make time for you. xxxxx

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Halloween Mistake, and Long And Winding Road

Boy did I pick the wrong night to go collecting my Avon books! Typical me I didn't associate ticking the Tuesday pm box with Halloween. Most of the people had very kindly, and as instructed, left their books and orders on their doorsteps. Bit the odd few I had to ring the bell or knock the door. People automatically came to the door with bags of sweets. One guy even said I thought you looked a bit tall to be a trick or treater! I told him it didn't matter as I looked like a witch anyway LOL. He said Nooooo you're really sweet! I think I've pulled ;)

Anyway, some books were not collected, so I need to go back out today, delivering orders and collecting books, as well as going to my "audition". Another rushed day. But who cares, for once I have the energy to do it!

I know it's belated but.........

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Happy Halloween!

I also was sent a lovely e mail today from Navie Wifey. One of the pictures tugged at my heart strings so I'm going to add it here for you......

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting So anyone who is a long distance friend.....remember the above :)

I have a new toy!!! A really cute little digital camera, about 1 1/2 inches long and 1/2" deep. Perfect for keeping in my handbag to take snaps on my travels. It solves the problem of the pink phone, and not being able to get the darned pictures off it!

And....guess what (Do I use too many dots in my posts? Methinks I do!) anyway, guess what? Its' PINK. I was a bit dubious about the quality of the pictures so I tried it out yesterday taking random piccies of Sam the dog, and found that when I uploaded the software, not only are the pictures darned good in the low quality mode....but it also acts as a video camera when plugged into the pc via the usb cable. AMazing for £7.50 from, guess where? Yup, Avon!

So I'm well chuffed...I can take snaps to my hearts content. Especially at times when you least expect to see an appropriate shot, and never have your camera with you :)

Here's one of the sample pics taken yesterday. But please remember that I had left the plastic cover on the lens in case it wasn't suitable and I wanted to send it back!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Sammy in "What you looking at?" mode.

Again, please can I ask the R O D reader to say hello. I have clarified it's not who I thought it was, and it's not me. My counter on this page enables me to see where people are signing in from, and how they found my site. Still number one when googling for whisky and coke :) But this mysterious reader intrigues me. Five or six log ins some days....and reading for various amounts of time ranging from 0 seconds to 56 minutes.

Please say hello.....I don't bite, and I'm only satisfying my curiosity. After all, I have nothing to hide :)

I've just had a phone call....spoooky! that Navie Wifey is coming to see me :) Weird how I've just mentioned her and she rings.....maybe it's the psychic in me :)

For now I'll love you and leave you.

Lots of love and Hugs

Whisky (the curious)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Labels:

4 Comments:

At Nov 1, 2006, 4:49:00 PM , Blogger Sandra said...

Hiya Whisky!! Thank you so much for the recent visit! I'm so happy that I was able to brighten your day a little! I changed your link on my blog a little. I like it much better now. ;) Love your pics! The one about friends is so true! Hey, I also have a frequent visitor from Falls Church, Virginia and I don't know who it is. This person must not be a blogger??? I haven't had any comments left from this person. Anyway, I'm glad this person is enjoying my blog.

Oodles of country bumpkin hugs to you!!

Bye! :),

Your friend, Sandra

 
At Nov 2, 2006, 4:56:00 AM , Blogger LadyHawk said...

Hi Whisky!!

I LOVE all the new pictures and icons that you have decorated your blog with. They put a smile on my face when I first saw them. Congratulations on going back to work .. that is truly a big step.

Hugs from Malaysia

 
At Nov 2, 2006, 7:24:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there whisky.. I am reading through your blog to catch up on what Ive missed.. so I thought I would say hi here. Thanks for your contribution to the sunrise blog.. its much appreciated. Right, Im off to do some reading and get homesick for England! Just seeing the letters UK gets me teary hehehe - what a sook!

Hi Sandra and Ladyhawk :)

Bye for now

 
At Nov 3, 2006, 7:28:00 AM , Blogger Sandra said...

Hi Tanya! Hiya gals! Going to check out Whisky's addition to A New Day! Bye and hugs to you all!! ;)

Sandra

XXXXXXXXXXXX

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home