Whisky and Coke

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Daily ramblings of a dippy female....smile for me and I'll smile back.....love me and I'll love you back....make time for me and I'll make time for you. xxxxx

Monday, November 06, 2006

I Think I Made A Boo Boo!!

Yesterday, as soon as I had finished blogging, I had my lavendar bath, smothered myself in sugar and walnut moisturiser (sp), squirted on some Angel perfume, lapped on some makeup, everything being Avon of course apart from the perfume, and off we went to Ma In Laws for the bonfire night celebrations.

The village in which they live was due to have a bonfire and firework display, as well as selling hotdogs and food items. The plan was that all of us were going. But it dodn't work out that way :)

Hubby had a particularly warm welcome at the noor. Nephew T came a running to the door, and was shouting "It's (insert name here) hubby, It's hubby!" which I thought was really sweet :)

So, in the house at that point there was Nephew T, Nephew M, Ma In Law, Dad In Law, hubby and I. We chatted, and checked out the extension, in the dark I might add! Bit it is coming along really well. I was outside participating in my nicotine addiction, and along comes Sis In Law (SIL). I stayed outside, in my sleevless top! and wasn't even cold. We went back inside and I said hello to Little Miss Purple and Little Miss Pink.

Soon, Mr Bleach arrived, as well as Sis In Law M and Bro In Law S. Nealry a full family compliment.

Dinner was served, and what a spread! Jacket potatoes galore, sausages and hotdogs, onions, bread rolls, Lasagne and ravioli! Of course I had half a hot dog in a roll, ravioli, and Ma In Law's famous lasagne! Scrummy.

Mass exodus began. Wellingtons were put on tiny feet, jackets were zipped, hats and gloves placed on tiny heads and hands, and they were off. I don't quite know how it happened, but everyone left except for Ma In Law, Sis In Law and me. We decide to sit in the warmth of the living room, and watch the fireworks from the window. Good idea!

We chatted and oohed and aahed at the prettily lit sky, and soon enough we hears voices and the patter of tiney feet as the first fearfull children, both big and small returned.

Coats, hats, gloves and wellies off......and hubby decides to do his own display. So Coats, hats, gloves and wellies back on and out into the front garden. Sparklers lit, and hubby showing off with his mini firework display. Little Miss Purple soon worked up the confidence to hold a sparkler, and watch the fireworks with no tears. Big fireworks sure can hurt little ears!

Talking of ears......hehehehehehe. Little Miss Purple's dream is to have her ears pierced. Mr Bleach and Sis In Law had insisted she needed to have accrued fifteen pounds before she could have it done. Thinking that at seven (nearly), and only having one pound a week in pocket money. Which I think is completely fair at that age! It would take her fifteen weeks to save enough to have them done, and may well have changed her mind by then. Clever People!

They were soon outwitted by clever Little Miss Purple (L M P)!. Unknown to them, she had stashed away, birthday money, and odd monies she had collected along the way. She turned up within a few days with fourteen pounds and four pence!

I was told this, and so was hubby. He quickly donated six pence, meaning she only needed ninety pence (I think) to make her total. L M P and I sat quietly in the kitchen, looking at the photgraphs of flowers, family and friends on my mobile phone. Did I mention it was pink? As we were moving through the pictures, I reached behind her and slipped into her hand a one pound coin, and whispered to her to not tell anyone! She asked how much money she now had, and I told her she had enough to have her ears pierced!

Mistake made, nephew M overheard! She swore him to secrecy. Her stern face and voice instructing him he mustn't tell anyone!

Fifteen minutes later, hubby, SIL and I are outside chatting and smoking, and Nephew M's little head pops out of the door and announces that L M P has enough to have her ears pierced. Sis In Law looked from hubby to me, and saw the look of guilt on my face! I think I made a Boo Boo.

I was instantly told that my punishment would be, to go with them on Tuesday after school to have her ears pierced. Ooooops!

Bro In Law S, Sis In Law M, Nephew M and Nephew T soon left, and L M P and I sat on the sofa discussing the ins and outs of having ears pierced. I explained they would draw a dot on her ears, numb them, and then use a gun to fire the earring into her ears. Of course her first question was will it hurt!

I asked if she had ever been stung by a wasp? No. I asked if she had ever had a splinter, she didn't know. I asked if she had ever caught herself on a thorn from a bush or rose? She wasn't sure. How to explain the pain to a seven year old.

Ok, I said seriously. It will hurt. It will sting at first, and then it will be like having a big headache in your ears. I reminded her of a recent visit when I read her a bed time story and she had a headache. She remembered and didn't seem too concerned.

I reminded her it would hurt. It will be painfull. It will be like having a BIG headache in your ears for hours! Maybe you won't sleep that night!

She didn't seem fazed.

I told her she had to turn her earrings ever morning and evernight and showed her how to do it. Then I was given a piece of paper, and asked to draw ears, and guns, and explain how it was done, and what she had to do.

This was passed to SIS In Law......who gave me a dissaproving look, kisss and hugs all round except SIL, and they left.

Then I sign on this morning to find a comment from her on the last post. At least she is still talking to me!!!!!

Hubby and I got home, after I embarassingly stalled his car on his parents drive! and we watched the X factor which I had recorded, I predidcted who should go....and I was right!!!

Hubby went to bed, I watched Afterlife, again prerecorded......sat watching tv and thinking, and of course mouse watching.

I actually caught one in the act. I decided to check and see if some of the poison had been eaten, crept towards the dining room, turned on the light, and there was a mouse poised to eat. He scuttled off, and believe me, he wasn't a small innocent looking thing either. I'm almost certain he looked at me and tutted before he scarpered!

Now I know where they are residing, and where they are popping their furry heads out of and into as their home. We will defeat them! My home will not be invaded by something I don't want there!!!

Next week is my last week at home before I start work again part time.

So far my diary goes like this.

Monday, collect and redistribute Avon books. Must do some ironing and washing as well.
Tuesday, witness an ear piercing! Plus more washing and ironing.
Wednesday, hospital appointment with the gatroenterologist, and then a trip into town with Mum, possible meeting up with Sis In Law at Mcdonalds :)
Thursday, another hospital appointment with Mr R :) and the dreade flu jab at 1.35
Friday....Possibly collect Avon books as order needs to be in soon after.

In amongst that I have to clear out my wardrobes, sorting clothes for the charity shop. The same with drawers, and wardrobes in two bedrooms!

Alphabetise cd's and dvd's. Make a copy of a certain DVD for Navie Wifey :)

Whew....so much to do, so little time. I've gone from not being able to move from bed or sofa without being in pain, to racing round like a blue bummed fly!!!

Oh well.......a womans work is never done!

Posts are getting longer and longer ;)

Love and hugs for all

Whisky

xxxxxxx

Labels:

1 Comments:

At Nov 5, 2006, 8:50:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

silly cow ! And as you know this is a nice name ! Earring-saga is still going strong with R not really wanting it..but I can't say much as I had mine done when I was 6! And no - I am not cross with you so it was NOT intentional if you think I didn't say "bye" properly - next time I shall have to...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home